RFE Birth certificate - bombay - Gurus Help Please

ubhavsar

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,

I got my approval last month. But my wife have a RFE requesting Birth Certificate or Non-availability ceritificate from civil authority.

* I have already got a birth certificate from Embassey. But most of the people says it is not valid.

* I have applied through www.yourmaninindia.com but services is useless. Work still not done after 1 month.

She is born in Bhuleshwar , bombay area at some private hospital in 1974.

How can i get my wife birth certificate or non availability ? Does anyone have any recent experience ?

I need an address if someone have. I am thinking to fly there to get birth or nonavailability certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bombay ... Birth certificate.

I would suggest you to go to the nearest muncipality office to get a copy of the birth certificate.

They should be having or they can create a copy of the certificate by paying some extra money.

No Need to fly to MUMBAI

Hi Friend,

You do not need to fly to mumbai. If you know somebody (Friend or Relative) then tell them to go to nearest Municipal Office (Bhuleshwar Area's - I don't know under which ward it fall into but if you go to Mumbai's website you'll find out easily).

Give details of her birth like hospital, day, date & time, pay some fees to officer and they will issue duplicate birth certificate.

Use your sources in Mumbai. It will cost you some bucks but not much.

All the best
Piyushind.

RFE for Birth Certificate

I got a RFE even though i provided a B.C obtained in 2001. So its safer to obtain a non-availability certificate if she did not have the orginal certificate at the time of birth..

Typically BCIS is expecting the B.C to be issued during the 1st year of birth. So i would recommend a non-avail cert followed by parent affadivits plus any school certificates showing D.O.B as secondary evidence.

Thx,
GG

ubhavsar,
Do your home work first...
If your wifes Birth was registered at the time of birth..., the municipal corporation would issue a Birth Certificate.... with registration date some time in 1974/75 and issue date being current. If names are missing on the birth certificate..., get affidavits...

If the birth was not registered, get a non-availability certificate..., DO NOT register the birth..., take affidavits.

Thank you very very much for reply.

Here is my problem. We don`t have hospital record available. BMC does not have our record ( we already verify with BMC ). They are not ready to issue even Non-availability certificate and giving me a reason about security.

I have affedavit for birth certificatebut they are not ready to register either using affedavit from her mother and sister.

My lawyer want to submit Non-availability certificate. We have already submitted Affedavit initally.

Can any gurus replies please ?

Ok, next best thing is, approach a local attorney in Bombay. Show him RFE and valid passports. Ask him to get your wifes non-availability of birth registration information..., You will be spending more that what is necessary.
Also, confirm..., a sibiling can give affidavit regarding birth..., only if he/she is older by at least 10 yrs.

I would suggest you to do the following:

Give an application for to the local birth and death registrar to give a birth certificate for you wife (in you wife's case it should be Bombay, India).

Since they do not have the birth certificate they will provide Non-availability ceritificate. ( I have attached the format which my lawyer gave me).

Then get the affidavit made from her parents, uncle or Aunt that she was born when they were there. The sample format is also there attached herewith.)

Still talk to your lawyer who filled you 485, because I am not a lawyer.

Let us hope this helps, let us know.

Write an application and the endorsement is as follows:

ENDORSEMENT

You are hereby informed that a search has been made in the Birth Register of (city name) for the year ____ on the particulars stated by you in your application dated MOnth/ Day/Year and the birth entry of your son/daughter named ___________ is not found in the Birth Register of (city name) for the year ______ and hence the birth certificate applied for cannot be issued.

SEAL
SIGNATURE
DATE

------xxxxxx--------------

AFFIDAVIT OF FATHER

__Father’s name) , being of duly sworn on the ________ day of _________2004 deposes and says that:

9. I am ____ years old and reside at (address of India)
10. I am the father of (Your wife’s Name).
11. (Your wife’s Name) was born in the city of ______, State/Province of _____, in India on ___Date____.
12. ___Your Name___ Is the daughter of __Mother’s Name___, my wife.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the U.S. that the foregoing is true and correct.

(father Name& signature)

------------xxxx ----------------

AFFIDAVIT OF MOTHER

___Mother’s Name___, being of duly sworn on the ________ day of _________2004 deposes and says that:

13. I am ____ years old and reside at ___India Address____
14. I am the mother of ___Your Name___.
15. __Your wife’s name___ was born in the city of _____, State/Province of ______, in India on ____Date___.
16. _Your wife’s Name___ Is the daughter of __father’s Name__, my husband.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the U.S. that the foregoing is true and correct.

(Mother’s name & Signature))

I was in the same situation. I did exactly what SRJumde suggested while filing for I-485.

Still, I got RFE asking for an old evidance where both of my parents name is present. Unfortunately, the ration card I have has not updated information at time. ( It is showing age 17 when I was actually 23). So, I can't produce that. I am trying to find what document might have the names of my parents and my name.

One question, how much time is given to to reply RFE? I asked my lawyer, and I am still waiting for her answer.

It sucks big time. I am just loosing it. I wish I could go back to india and get the documents myself. My parents are old and I do not want to trouble them.

Meanwhile I finished 2 year for filing 485. And I am loosing so much of time in this RFE I do not know.

Mugdha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an old passport (at least 10 year old). It might be enough. For US citizens it is enough to have mother name in birth certificate and for us why do they need names of both parents, why not just father name is enough (from SSC certificate)?

If record not find for birth what is next ?

mugdha2100,

In mine case it gives 84 days to reply. BMC don`t have any record for my wife birth. They are refusing to issue non-available record certificate either.

Question : If BMC does not have record nor we have any hospital certificate How can we get birth or nonavailability certificate ? Money does not work here.

Anybody have any experience ?

ubhavsar,
Yes to get a non-availability certificate..., either the doctor or the hospital has to certify that a child was born on the date....
Does your wife's family remember the name of the hospital? Is the hospital still existing?
By 1971, in the major cities of India, every birth performed in hospital were being registered. by 1974, I am sure 100% of the births were being registered that were performed in hospitals. If you have the hospital name and exact date, it is a matter of SEARCHING the records. Act fast... Good luck

As peace_of_mind suggested ACTOW, GO TO INDIA, BEG BORROW STEAL.
DO ANY THING BUT DO NOT WASTE TIME.

Hi Ubhavsar,

Check
1. Her school leaving certificate or other school documents where her DOB might present.

2. Check her parents insurance policy or will or any property document where her name along with her age or DOB might be present.

Then get affidavit of support (if lawyer feels the need of it) for that perticular document from respective authority.

I think it should be fine. But ask your lawyer. I am just like any other applicant on this forum.

Thanks for your reply for RFE reply time.....my stupid...lawyer's assistance has not still faxed me my RFE not did she reply to any of my e-mail....

Mugdha.

Peace_of_mind,

Yes i have exactly hospital name , address , telephone ( old ) etc. But hospital is nolonger works. We want their to talk to hospital but Dr. Himshelf died and noone we can talk there.

They ( BMC ) could not find a record for my wife on that date.
I have already inquire about that. One of the most possible reason as i have mention that might be wrong birthday but all the record has this birthday.
Now evenif they give me a birth certificate on some other date ( if ) it would not work because we have already submitted affedavit from relative on birthday xx/xx/xxxx.

BMC is not ready to issue Nonavail certificate either. They don`t want to write a two line of letter that they search record and could not found birth certificate on xx/xx/xxxx date. They says Because of security now they have stopped issueing this certificate. They don`t have birth record either. We don`t have hospital certificate either.

Is there any other way to force BMC to issue BC or NABC ?

Thanks

mugdha2003,

My lawyer want to submit Non-availablity certficate. I have already submitted school record , Passport , Affidavit but Lawyer insisting that that would not work. Even consulate certificate does not work ( it is bogus ) . I have got it yesterday. Because office could be new and going as per their books and looks for Birth Certificate from Civil authority or non availability from Civil authority.

Ubhavsar

The only security..., what they consider is getting a DL/Passport issued etc on somebody else's birth certificate.... which can be misused easily.

You should be able to show that there is a valid passport existing, the passport has a date of birth that matches with SSC/SSLC and school records.
Try to approach in a different direction...
Ask them to Particularise the non-avaliability certificate...
The registrar of Births and Deaths of Bhulsavar Municipal Corporation Mumbai MH does not have birth registerd record for the name xxxxx xxxxx, daughter of ........, with a Indian Passport Number 123456, and Date of Birth dd-mm-yyyy as per the passport, and Place of Birth Bhulsavar Mumbai MH India.

So that the non-availability certificate cannot be misused. Contact your attorney..., if such particularized certificate would be useful or not...
I am only trying to give you ideas to solve your problem..., I do not know how much these ideas would be really helpful.