RFE and cover letter

Freemann

Registered Users (C)
TheRealCanadian and other friends, please help!

Today I received a RFE letter from USCIS. To my surprise, it is about continuation of NIW and verification of employment. Even more surprising was that my wife with H-4 visa is also asked to provide employment history.

=====RFE letter
Submit documentary evidence of all nonimmigrant status granted to you since your first admission...also submit evidence that any and all employment---Such evidence may include, but not limited to:Copies of Form I-94, I-797 approval, U.S. visas, any EADs...
=====RFE letter

My questions are: (a) Is this a usual RFE? (b) Do I need to write a cover letter explaining all the employment history? or, just send copies of all the forms that I have?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

----------The Timeline
04/01/05: I-140 EB-2 NIW Filed (NSC; Korean citizen).
07/29/05: I-140 Approved.
08/19/05: I-485 Receipt Date.
02/01/06: Code-3 Fingerprinting (LUD:02/02/06 with no message change).
08/14/06: Received a RFE letter.

Freemann said:
(a) Is this a usual RFE?
Don't worry. This is a typical RFE. Furthermore, if you held J-1 status, submit also all IAP-66/DS-2019 forms. If you held F-1 visa, submit also all I-20 forms. USCIS likes color copies.
Freemann said:
(b) Do I need to write a cover letter explaining all the employment history?
Yes, it's better to write a cover letter. In our case we got a RFE for spose (secondary applicant) and we wrote a cover letter.
Good luck.

Thanks!

Streamflow,

Thank you very much for your guide and answers! I will write a cover letter when I send the RFE reply. Have a nice day! :)

Approved!

Dear friends,

Today I received an approval email from USCIS: after approving your case, we ordered a new card!

I thank you all of you guys in this forum for all the valuable help. I would like to specially thank Streamflow for suggesting a cover letter for replying RFE and TheRealCanadian for helping me to guess what the RFE was about.

I wish you the best of luck to all of you guys still waiting for the card!

----------The Timeline
07/21/06: Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status (NSC procesing November
2005 applications at the time I called).
07/31/06: Received a letter from USCIS that mentions “pending officer
review”.
08/14/06: Received a RFE letter: (a) Prove that you continue to work in
the NIW field and (b) provide all the documentary evidence for non-immigrant visa status.
09/09/06: Replied to RFE.
09/18/06: Received an approval email.

Freemann said:
Dear friends,

Today I received an approval email from USCIS: after approving your case, we ordered a new card!

I thank you all of you guys in this forum for all the valuable help. I would like to specially thank Streamflow for suggesting a cover letter for replying RFE and TheRealCanadian for helping me to guess what the RFE was about.

I wish you the best of luck to all of you guys still waiting for the card!

----------The Timeline
07/21/06: Called USCIS to ask about I-485 status (NSC procesing November
2005 applications at the time I called).
07/31/06: Received a letter from USCIS that mentions “pending officer
review”.
08/14/06: Received a RFE letter: (a) Prove that you continue to work in
the NIW field and (b) provide all the documentary evidence for non-immigrant visa status.
09/09/06: Replied to RFE.
09/18/06: Received an approval email.

CONGRATULATIONS FREEMAN!!! NOW YOU ARE A FREE MAN

Thanks!

madgu-gc2005,

Thanks! I think I am free now, I mean, free from waiting for something that comes very slow. I guess having a good name can help us to be free! ;)