Retrogression effect

HOPEFUL_EVER

Registered Users (C)
Question to anyone who has good understanding of the implications of retrogression:
Here's my case. EB3, PD is 7/2002 which is later to 1/2002.
Concurrent 140/485: ND 4/1/2004
EAD: AD 6/2004
FP 9/2004
140 RFE 12/2004
Now, do I get affected by retrogression?
Sorry for bringing up my personal case, but I think it will start a discussion that could help many others as well.

answer...

assuming you are from one of the countries which are affected by the dates (otherwise you are not affected)...

since the priority dates are for jan'2005, if your case gets approved in this month, you are in good shape. once this month passes, your case can be apporoved only if your PD is before the priority date.

GOD BLESS!!!

What about dependent???

Mine got approved 3 months back. My wife's still pending. My priority date is June 2001.

Can you please explain?

raj, yours won't be affected.

tmc, let's call the Priority Date specified by State department as Cut-Off Date as it was called a few years ago.

If your Priority Date is earlier than the cut-off date, your case won't be affected. Otherwise your have to wait your turn.

Hi mylvka:

If my priority date is 2/1/2002 and the priority date for Jan 2005 is
set at 1/1/2002. How long should I will have to wait to get the priority
date jump over mine? Can you help me understand this?

I140 ND 9/15/2003 AD 9/15/2004
EB3 I485 ND 4/15/04 TD 11/23/2004 TSC

Howdy,

It's very hard to say. I remebered, in 1997/1998, sometimes the cutoff date never moved within a few months and sometimes it could moved a few months forward once it was updated. It all depends on how quickly the CIS processes cases and the queue of pending cases. Also, if TSC is slow and other three centers move fast, people from other centers may use up the quote. Please correct me if each center is given a proportion of the quote. Since the backlog only starts next year, hope it's not too bad, at lease keep the pace with current approval pace.

What about dependent case?

Hi Myvlka...

My wife I-485 was filed in August 2002. She's a dependent.

Will this affect my wife's case?

raj, I am not that sure but I guess your wife's case should be treated identically as yours regarding the priority date if you are the primary applicant.

We didn't have to file a Labor when we applied our GC . Do we have any kind of effect from this retrogression issue?

primary (L1-intra transefer company) from overseas.
485 ND-1/2003
FP -11/2004

Dependent
485 ND12/2003
FP 10/26/2004

MOG123 said:
We didn't have to file a Labor when we applied our GC. Do we have any kind of effect from this retrogression issue? primary (L1-intra transefer company) from overseas.

That puts you in EB1, so no.

This Process should have been implemented long time back..

Don't get me wrong here. But this way at least people who filed their cases 2/3 years back can expect their approvals in an orderly manner. Where as now some who filed even in 2004 are getting approvals and others are waiting for their turn due to the random process.

I hope this helps all oldtimers who are still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator: