Retrogressed people can apply for I-485 now without approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are slightly mistaken. You are probably referring to the Senate Judiciary Committee's markup. This has not yet been signed into law - there is still some way to go. Please refer to related posts in other threads.

Not yet law: still some ways to go

puhrince,

This is not yet law. It still has to be voted on the floor ( as part of the budget reconciliation bill) and then passed before it can be signed into law.

Puhrince please do not spread misinformation. AILA do not make laws in this country. The proposal needs to be passed by the the full house floor and then signed by the president.

correct, if AILA were to make laws, we will all have GC in our mail tomorrow

AlienBhai said:
Puhrince please do not spread misinformation. AILA do not make laws in this country. The proposal needs to be passed by the the full house floor and then signed by the president.
:eek:

nato said:
correct, if AILA were to make laws, we will all have GC in our mail tomorrow

Er, no. If the process were simple, all those lawyers making 250+K a year would be unemployed. Repeat after me: "AILA is NOT your friend". At best, they could be useful allies.

Was this measure even in the provisions of what the Senate Judiciary committee was voting.

I don't see any mention of any such thing in the thread regarding that committee's hearing.

Where does such information even flies from.

Wishful thinking maybe .

Sonu

you missed the joke ;-)

Call me Shrek said:
Er, no. If the process were simple, all those lawyers making 250+K a year would be unemployed. Repeat after me: "AILA is NOT your friend". At best, they could be useful allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.