Results of FOIPA request.....

backroady

Registered Users (C)
I got a letter from David Hardy in response to my FOIPA request. I had a question for you guys on what I should do based upon the information in the letter. Here is text from the letter:

" This is in response to your FOIPA request.
A search of the automated indices to our central records system files at FBI headquarters located no records responsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no records responsive to your FOIPA request were located in our automated indices, we are required to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative appeal if you so desire. Appeals should be directed in writing to the Co-Director, Office of Information and Privacy, U.S. Department of Justice, Suite 570, Flag Building, Washington D.C. 20530, within 60 days from the date of this letter. The envelope and the letter should be clearly marked "Information Appeal." Please cite the FOIPA request number assigned to your request so that it may be easily identified."

My question is - is it necessary to go through with the Informational Appeal as described in bold above?

Thanks.

backroady said:
I got a letter from David Hardy in response to my FOIPA request. I had a question for you guys on what I should do based upon the information in the letter. Here is text from the letter:

" This is in response to your FOIPA request.
A search of the automated indices to our central records system files at FBI headquarters located no records responsive to your FOIPA request.

Although no records responsive to your FOIPA request were located in our automated indices, we are required to inform you that you are entitled to file an administrative appeal if you so desire. Appeals should be directed in writing to the Co-Director, Office of Information and Privacy, U.S. Department of Justice, Suite 570, Flag Building, Washington D.C. 20530, within 60 days from the date of this letter. The envelope and the letter should be clearly marked "Information Appeal." Please cite the FOIPA request number assigned to your request so that it may be easily identified."

My question is - is it necessary to go through with the Informational Appeal as described in bold above?

Thanks.

Where can I find "Official FOIPA" form?

shadeshi said:
Where can I find "Official FOIPA" form?

Go to the first page of this Forum---> open Sticky My Name check Experince by Rahul Kumar. The first attchment has a letter format for FOIPA.