Family Sponsorship
-Discuss issues related to sponsoring family members

Also, please fix the spelling of "Temporary"
in sub forum "Temoprary visas for Canada"

Will do, Ray. Thanks.

Suggestion

Hello Rajiv,

Hats off to you for maintaining such a useful site. I have a suggestion -

In order to categorize the issues - it would be nice if we could add a mandatory topic field e.g. for I-485 topics could be Filing Help, RFE Questions, Approved, Transferred to other service center, Transferred to local office and so on. This field could be added to the search option. This will allow everyone to search relevant messages quickly.

Regards
Rajesh

Re: Suggestion

Originally posted by RajeshJ
Hello Rajiv,

Hats off to you for maintaining such a useful site. I have a suggestion -

In order to categorize the issues - it would be nice if we could add a mandatory topic field e.g. for I-485 topics could be Filing Help, RFE Questions, Approved, Transferred to other service center, Transferred to local office and so on. This field could be added to the search option. This will allow everyone to search relevant messages quickly.

Regards
Rajesh

Rajesh, currently there is no way to do that. But we will figure out some other way to do it eventually.

Couple of suggestions

Thanks for the good site!

I do use your forum everyday and overall the site works perfectly for my needs. I just have couple of suggestions:

1. Have a link to BCIS website for online status checking that should be accessible from every page and should open in a new window.

2. Reject posts that have abusive languages, non-english phrases, etc. automatically. Appreciate a lot if you could accomplish this as such posts brings on my migraine and blood pressure and what not!

:)

Thanks again!

Re: Couple of suggestions

Originally posted by GodHelpUsGC
Thanks for the good site!

I do use your forum everyday and overall the site works perfectly for my needs. I just have couple of suggestions:

1. Have a link to BCIS website for online status checking that should be accessible from every page and should open in a new window.

2. Reject posts that have abusive languages, non-english phrases, etc. automatically. Appreciate a lot if you could accomplish this as such posts brings on my migraine and blood pressure and what not!

:)

Thanks again!

Deepa, can you please implement suggestion 1. Have the Status check displayed more prominently and let it open in a separate window. Send me the sample. I want to see how it would react under "pop up protector" software.

For 2, there are now seven volunteer moderators from among you folks. They will be watching for stuff like that.

Re: what happened to the Employment based GC forum?

Originally posted by jamborees
what happened to the Employment based GC forum?

Did I remove something? I think it is all there.

Petition for delay in I-485 (Nebraska)

Rajiv,

Is there any action being taken for the signed petition for delay in I-485 at Nebraska ?

I am sure you must have received enough signatures by now.

Please let us know..

Thanks a lot..

Signatures will be sent out this week

Hi All,

This is to inform you that signatures for all petitions will be sent out this week.

Thanks for your signatures.

Rajiv,

First of all, thank you for providing us this excellent web-site, without which we all would just be in the dark, not knowing how things are moving..

Please help us...please help in getting someone from AILA to contact NSC and find out what on earth is happening out there..

What can I say...its almost senseless.. seeing Vermont sending out tons of approvals in a month.. and we folks at NSC.. just waiting.... have we done something wrong ??

You being an immigration lawyer, you definetely have some power to knock on the doors of NSC... or atleast help us get someone else to demand an explanantion from them..

Please Rajiv...do something... we all folks waiting out here will consider this a big personal favour..

Originally posted by GC4ME_02
Rajiv,

First of all, thank you for providing us this excellent web-site, without which we all would just be in the dark, not knowing how things are moving..

Please help us...please help in getting someone from AILA to contact NSC and find out what on earth is happening out there..

What can I say...its almost senseless.. seeing Vermont sending out tons of approvals in a month.. and we folks at NSC.. just waiting.... have we done something wrong ??

You being an immigration lawyer, you definetely have some power to knock on the doors of NSC... or atleast help us get someone else to demand an explanantion from them..

Please Rajiv...do something... we all folks waiting out here will consider this a big personal favour..

The government line usually is "lack of funding/resources."

Let me see. Remind me Monday please.

Hi,

Please kill the "Tracker" subforum. It will make browsing much faster.

Thanks,

Alexander

Reminder...

Rajiv,

This is regarding my previous message...you said you needed a reminder on Monday..

Please contact AILA and have someone inquire about the excruciating delay in approving I-485 cases at Nebraska Center.
Atleast we will get some answers from them as to why there is so much delay. I just hope they don't give us vague and crappy reasons like 'Officers being trained..' etc..
They have been giving such reasons for almost a year now..

Please Rajiv...help us out...

Re: Reminder...

Rajiv,

This is regarding my previous message...you said you needed a reminder on Monday..

Please contact AILA and have someone inquire about the excruciating delay in approving I-485 cases at Nebraska Center.
Atleast we will get some answers from them as to why there is so much delay. I just hope they don't give us vague and crappy reasons like 'Officers being trained..' etc..
They have been giving such reasons for almost a year now..

Please Rajiv...help us out...

Will do. Homa, please look into this for me.

Re: Re: Reminder...

Originally posted by operations
Will do. Homa, please look into this for me.

Sir,

In regards to I-485 Employment Based cases, Nebraska Service Center is currently processing 08/2001. Compared to the other BCIS Offices, their not so far behind. Vermont Service Center is 12/2001; Texas Service Center is 11/2000 and California Service Center is 11/2001.

Also, on Friday (05/16/03) I just sent out the I-485 Petition via certified mail to the Nebraska Office Director, as well as, to the Acting BCIS Commissioner. And I must say we did not have a lot of signatures for that petition.

Please let me know what I should do on the above. Thank you. Homa.

Rajiv,

Thank you so much for sending the petition. Hope it helps our case. However, I was under the assumption we needed only around 250 or so signatures, and that the petition already had the required number of signatures.

Also, what is more frustrating is the number of NOV/DEC RDs getting approved at NSC. Why are they not clearing all the backlogs before moving forward ? There are tons of SEP '01 cases still pending.. What's the logic behind this ?

Is there a way to get some answers ?

My question is... why can't we make someone from AILA demand answers from these folks at NSC ? (the way we keep hearing its done on murthy.com)

Rajiv,

Thank you so much for sending the petition. Hope it helps our case. However, I was under the assumption we needed only around 250 or so signatures, and that the petition already had the required number of signatures.

Also, what is more frustrating is the number of NOV/DEC RDs getting approved at NSC. Why are they not clearing all the backlogs before moving forward ? There are tons of SEP '01 cases still pending.. What's the logic behind this ?

Is there a way to get some answers ?

My question is... why can't we make someone from AILA demand answers from these folks at NSC ? (the way we keep hearing its done on murthy.com)

AILA keeps up the effort in its usual course. Its members merely report the effort. We are taking it a step further and taking the people directly to the agencies.

Forum Messages Icons

Hi,

It seems you are using multiple images to identify the type of messages in forum. For example, A new message is identified with an image of open envelope. But the description for all the images is not available. Can you please update that.

thanks,