Request for Initial Evidence -- Where to send?

kmr1934

Hello! Newbie here -- I found this forum a couple of months ago and have found a lot of useful information.

I filed for my AOS in August and just received an RFE letter to submit I-485A. In the first paragraph of the letter, it says I need to submit the needed information to USDHS in Lee's Summit, MO. However, it later states in the letter: "When submitting Supplement A to Form I-485 with surcharge, send to... " and it gives the Chicago Lockbox address.

I am now confused as where to send the form needed. I called the Customer Service Center who was no help at all, so any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I live down in Texas and my money orders "certified mail" went to Chicago. I've read others sending their mo to Chicago as well. Do you have a lawyer or legal aide that you can ask? If not, tell me where you live and when I talk to my lawyer tomorrow, I will ask her for you. I will print your post so she can tell me what you should do.

Thanks for your reply, alyon200. I am in New York so when I first sent my forms, they also all went to Chicago. However, the RFE letter states that I should submit the information needed to Lee's Summit, MO; but in the same letter it also states that I should send it to Chicago.

I also found this information on the USCIS website:

Request for Evidence

1. All initial evidence should be submitted at the time of filing. If the initial review finds that initial evidence is missing, the NBC will generally issue a request for evidence (RFE) for the missing documentation.

2. Adjudication of ancillary benefit applications (I-765 and I-131 applications) may be delayed if all initial evidence in support of the principal application is not submitted at the time of filing.

3. Applicants should submit the response to the RFE (with the original request) as quickly as possible to the office issuing the request. Do NOT send the response to the Chicago Lockbox.

I am not working with a lawyer on this, so your response will really help. Thanks again!!!

Thanks for your reply, alyon200. I am in New York so when I first sent my forms, they also all went to Chicago. However, the RFE letter states that I should submit the information needed to Lee's Summit, MO; but in the same letter it also states that I should send it to Chicago.

I also found this information on the USCIS website:

Request for Evidence

1. All initial evidence should be submitted at the time of filing. If the initial review finds that initial evidence is missing, the NBC will generally issue a request for evidence (RFE) for the missing documentation.

2. Adjudication of ancillary benefit applications (I-765 and I-131 applications) may be delayed if all initial evidence in support of the principal application is not submitted at the time of filing.

3. Applicants should submit the response to the RFE (with the original request) as quickly as possible to the office issuing the request. Do NOT send the response to the Chicago Lockbox.

I am not working with a lawyer on this, so your response will really help. Thanks again!!!

You have to send the RFE and evidence needed to Lee Summit, MO. Don't send it Chicago, IL or you are going to suffer for centuries....

Kmr1934,
My lawyer was in another city but should be back tomorrow. But it seems that someone answered you above and you you bolded line 3 to the same response. So I would send it Lee's Summit,MO but do it certified mail. During my interview, they told me if I was missing something that I needed to bring it back to them within 30 days, check if you can just give it back to your interviewer?

Kmr1934,
My lawyer was in another city but should be back tomorrow. But it seems that someone answered you above and you you bolded line 3 to the same response. So I would send it Lee's Summit,MO but do it certified mail. During my interview, they told me if I was missing something that I needed to bring it back to them within 30 days, check if you can just give it back to your interviewer?

If the letter requesting the evidence ask for it to be send to Lee Summit, MO, you better send it there. Lee Summit will ONLY forward a completed file to your DO, and failure to give them what they are asking for or you will create a delay until it is received or case denied for failure to provide evidence. Have you ever read about people who file didn't arrive? It is sent from Lee Summit, MO to your DO, and sometimes USCIS makes a mistake. When you go to the interview, and the IO find something is missing in your case, they will ask you to mail it to them within 30 days or so, which is where you should send it, NOT to Lee Summit, MO.

Hi I sent my supplement a with surchage fee to the Chicago lockbox and not the Lee's Summit MO is requesting it!! How do I get chicago to send it to MO???