Request for Evidence

helpbostonian

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I received an RFE letter instructing me that they need My state driving license as additional proof and was also instructed to bring it on my interview date. ( I am not scheduled fot an interview date yet ). However, when I ck my status on USCIS website it says. “On July 26, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.”

Now, my RFE says to bring the evidence to interview date and online status says to submit the evidence asap or else my case will stay suspended. I am confused. What should I do. Someone please advise. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
:confused:

Hi,

I received an RFE letter instructing me that they need My state driving license as additional proof and was also instructed to bring it on my interview date. ( I am not scheduled fot an interview date yet ). However, when I ck my status on USCIS website it says. “On July 26, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail.”

Now, my RFE says to bring the evidence to interview date and online status says to submit the evidence asap or else my case will stay suspended. I am confused. What should I do. Someone please advise. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
:confused:

Did you do your finger-print? That online status that says "RFE" is for your fingerprint.

The letter you have received is yellow-letter. This is for the interview.

Your online status has nothing to do with the yellow-letter.

yes I did my fingerprint. The yellow letter that I received clearly says on it that it is not an Interview letter....that is what is adding to my confusion.

yes I did my fingerprint. The yellow letter that I received clearly says on it that it is not an Interview letter....that is what is adding to my confusion.

There is no confusion. What you are seeing is true of almost 90-95% of our cases. A few don't get yellow-letters.

Yeah, the online status message refers to your FP notice, not the YL. It won't change until they send your files to the local office for interview. I didn't receive the YL, so I'm not sure about its timeline. But you will not receive the interview letter until you see a change on the online status showing that they've transferred your files.