Request for additional evidence..

You can start to prepare all papers to shaw all youe years living in USA (at least 1 year, they say, but you show all). Also make ready to go to Med Exam - you can go to x-ray on your own and take a copy of your X-ray film and asc doctors reading of your film to send to your phicitian. You can make sure you have all vacsination you need. You can fill out the Autobiographic form
- if they will ask you to send it, you at least will be ready (it takes a lot of time to prepere that sheet).
Keep the employee's of INS name - it will be your proof to ask for extantion of your time from INS, if you will have to. Talk to your lawer for more advise.
Wish you the best.
I am in process of prepearing of big pile of papers. I do not even know how I will send all that krep, so many papers it is.
Wish u the best.

Here is the information from the friendly senator's office:

Called them up and informed them that I have not recieved any notice and I did call the toll free number. According to this person who very reluctantly took my information and told me that if senator's office will request to pull your file then your file processing may actually be delayed three to four months. (With this attitude I do not even feel like engaging these folks to assist me in this matter as they have no desire to assist) so I suppose I will wait for a response from BCIS till the end of month and when one month expires then I will try to contact the toll free number..

On a side note I am noticing so much more backlash against people like us who are in the limbo of adjustment of status. An example is yesterday I called to make sure that I have all the information for my both children as I was going to apply for their passports. (They are both born here in USA).

The lady on the phone said you need birth certificates for the children (I had those)

She said and what is your legal status? ( I responded by saying that I am asylee etc ...and she insisted that do yo have a greencard?... I replied that it is in the process)

She said show something that you are legal in this country... I asked her well application for passport for minors has no requirements for parent's legal status. Only requirement is evidence that shows that they are your kids.. e.g. birth certificates have your children's name and parents name and a driver liscence of the parents should be enough to full fill that requirement.?

She also said that since you do not a greencard bring your marriage certificate and that just about completely turned off ...I asked her that children whose parents are not married ...will you not grant passport for kids because there parents were not married or were not legal?? There was no response....so I asked her does the law of your village (village of carol stream - passport application center) is above and beyond the law of U.S. ... she had no response to this either and said why don't you try some other office as they may not have these requiremetns.....aaaaah!!!

As you can suspect this conversation did not go very well....and I did not go to that location to apply for my children's passport... Moral of the story is that now with the name of security and vigilance .... immigrants in the adjustment of status are in a very difficult situation where officials are interpretting the law and requirements according to their own prejudices and that is a very disturbing trend for this great nation...

I am just not very upbeat after these two experiences in last two days ...

Hi RAsylee, indeed it is disturbing. I applied for my son's passport last year, no questions asked. just presented my DL, his birth certificate , application and my wife had to be present with me.
Thinks will get better once we get the plastic GC and forget about this asylee word for good.

Later

Originally posted by RAsylee
Here is the information from the friendly senator's office:

Called them up and informed them that I have not recieved any notice and I did call the toll free number. According to this person who very reluctantly took my information and told me that if senator's office will request to pull your file then your file processing may actually be delayed three to four months. (With this attitude I do not even feel like engaging these folks to assist me in this matter as they have no desire to assist) so I suppose I will wait for a response from BCIS till the end of month and when one month expires then I will try to contact the toll free number..

On a side note I am noticing so much more backlash against people like us who are in the limbo of adjustment of status. An example is yesterday I called to make sure that I have all the information for my both children as I was going to apply for their passports. (They are both born here in USA).

The lady on the phone said you need birth certificates for the children (I had those)

She said and what is your legal status? ( I responded by saying that I am asylee etc ...and she insisted that do yo have a greencard?... I replied that it is in the process)

She said show something that you are legal in this country... I asked her well application for passport for minors has no requirements for parent's legal status. Only requirement is evidence that shows that they are your kids.. e.g. birth certificates have your children's name and parents name and a driver liscence of the parents should be enough to full fill that requirement.?

She also said that since you do not a greencard bring your marriage certificate and that just about completely turned off ...I asked her that children whose parents are not married ...will you not grant passport for kids because there parents were not married or were not legal?? There was no response....so I asked her does the law of your village (village of carol stream - passport application center) is above and beyond the law of U.S. ... she had no response to this either and said why don't you try some other office as they may not have these requiremetns.....aaaaah!!!

As you can suspect this conversation did not go very well....and I did not go to that location to apply for my children's passport... Moral of the story is that now with the name of security and vigilance .... immigrants in the adjustment of status are in a very difficult situation where officials are interpretting the law and requirements according to their own prejudices and that is a very disturbing trend for this great nation...

I am just not very upbeat after these two experiences in last two days ...

That sort of attitude is unacceptable. I would file a complaint.