Request for additional evidence..

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
This is what I saw from the on-line status when I checked the status on my case today ...

===
On July 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
===

Looks to me with the recent flurry of activity regarding request for additional evidence that this is becoming more of a norm versus an exception. I will update here once I receive the request regarding the kind of additional evidence that is being requested.

Regards,

Originally posted by RAsylee
This is what I saw from the on-line status when I checked the status on my case today ...

===
On July 10, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
===

Looks to me with the recent flurry of activity regarding request for additional evidence that this is becoming more of a norm versus an exception. I will update here once I receive the request regarding the kind of additional evidence that is being requested.

Regards,
I think you are right. Only few us of got the approval without this hassle. Among them, myself, Gilbert, Jameel ,and miami. I wonder whether this has to do with the presence of a good lawyer. I consulted a very high priced lawyer who does not pick a case unless he is confident about. If this is the case ( perhaps the others can verify that), i would suggest that all of you, who are going through this process, contact a good lawyer so that these bozos do not mess things up more than they already did.

I hope it is nothing more than a new medical exam and proof that you have lived in the US for more than one year since being granted asylum. I am praying that no body else is getting the "misrepresentation" stuff.

Re: Re: Request for additional evidence..

Originally posted by shamshon
I think you are right. Only few us of got the approval without this hassle. Among them, myself, Gilbert, Jameel ,and miami. I wonder whether this has to do with the presence of a good lawyer. I consulted a very high priced lawyer who does not pick a case unless he is confident about. If this is the case ( perhaps the others can verify that), i would suggest that all of you, who are going through this process, contact a good lawyer so that these bozos do not mess things up more than they already did.

I filed my application for I-485 myself without going through a lawyer. I just tried to be as thorough as I could. During the last few years, I travelled to UK once (got a UK visa on my RTD) but thank God, I got my approval without any hassles. I hope all the people who are waiting find the rest of the ride as smooth as possible.
On an unrelated not, I am not middle eastern :) not that that should matter.

Good luck,
Jameel

the same problem

Hi I had the same problem, and I had to go back to local service and get a new I-89, I had to sign and do new Finger Prints, My Perants case hase been approved like 1 month ago, but I am still waiting, Nebraska recieved my I-89 like 3 weeks ago, I dont know how much longer I have to wait, but I dont think that thats a big deal, hopefully you get your GC soon,
good luck

I just checked again, my case status is different, thats what mine say: On June 6, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear within 30 days for ADIT processing, in which we will record your signature and fingerprints for further processing. The notice also gave the location and times where this processing would be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.
but in the letter that I recieved said that my case has been approved.

I still have not recieved this Request for Additional Evidence and was wondering what has been the experience among forum members from the time of the notice date to the time they actually recieve the notice in the mail...

Regards,

I still have not recieved this Request for Additional Evidence and was wondering what has been the experience among forum members from the time of the notice date to the time they actually recieve the notice in the mail...

Regards,

Did you file I-485 thru a lawyer?If you did then you need to check with him cause mine was sent to my lawyer if not then you have to contact BCIS after 14 days have elapsed.

Good luck buddy.

I had filed the case without the help of a lawyer. I had initially called BCIS sometime ago to verify that they have my current address and they can not even do that.

Has anybody here had to contact BCIS because they did not had received the original request letter in the mail?

Usually how much time is granted from the date of the notice to time allocated for the response by BCIS. Is there any time limit?

Sessanga, how is your preparation for the submission of the requested evidence...Wishing you best of luck in the process...

Regards

It ussaly dont take more than 2 weeks, but sometimes longer my friend had that experience, but he recieved it, and sometimes they do mistakes, so thats why you should contact BCIS, dont talk to anybody you need to talk to a Immigration Information Officer, just ask as soon as someon is picking up, because they do have more acces, like when I called BCIS the first time I just talked to someone and he gave me the same information that is online, but when I talked to a Immigration Information Officer, he gave a tottaly different infromation, I dont know if they have your address, but I think they have to do that with Nebraska or where ever you filed, and something else that could help is go to your local service, this may take time but its worth it, now good luck to you.

Receipt date: Mar 99
FP: Apr 2003
Request for Evidence Notice : July 2003

Hi
I have the exact same RD and FP, but neither have I received a letter of any kind nor has the online message changed....

RAsylee, before the online message was updated to reflect that a letter is about to be sent, did it say someting about taking 580-610 days for processing? Also, if someone knows, once the FP have been received/cleared is there supposed to be an updated online message reflecting that fact?
thx.

There was no status update on the Case Status Online prior to the fingerprint notice or after I had gone and did the finger Prints. Notice remained same with those 480-560 day or whatever that generic notice is ...

You should be getting some news soon and hopefully it will be that your request has been approved ...

Request for additional evidence notice has not arrived...

It will be 14 days since the notice was sent to me by BCIS according to the case status online. I still have not received such notice requesting additional evidence...

I had filed the asylum case and I-485 myself so no lawyer would have received the second notice. I was thinking that since I had received the request for FingerPrints on my current address that should mean that they have my current address....

(I have moved from the address when I applied for I-485 in March 99)

Has anyone in this forum encountered this situation? please share your experience .....

Regards,

Re: Request for additional evidence notice has not arrived...

It will be 14 days since the notice was sent to me by BCIS according to the case status online. I still have not received such notice requesting additional evidence...

I had filed the asylum case and I-485 myself so no lawyer would have received the second notice. I was thinking that since I had received the request for FingerPrints on my current address that should mean that they have my current address....

(I have moved from the address when I applied for I-485 in March 99)

Has anyone in this forum encountered this situation? please share your experience .....

Regards,

If you have not received the notice,you`re required to contact bcis toll free number and press the option that says "if you received a notice from BCIS and have a question"

Just tell whoever answers the phone that it`s past 14 days and you have not received the notice yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
They give you about 2,5 month to answer with additional evidence. They say your case can be denied if you do not answer untill the deadline they are giving to you.
Try to call to INS general # and asc what to do.
Try to call to Nebraska,explaining your letter is lost.
You can not sit and wait. It is too serious, I think...

i hope they will help you and send another copy.
Contact your Congressmen, at least...
Wish u the best.

Re: Request for additional evidence notice has not arrived...

This is exactly the message i got online if it will help you.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On June 24, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS.

I still have not received any letter from BCIS. Very frustrating.....

I did call BCIS toll free number July 25 and selected the option Sessanga had suggested.... after about 15 minutes someone did come on line and I informed them of my situation.... so she started with typical question that had you moved and did you informed BCIS.

I had informed them and also as I had stated earlier that I did receive the FP notice at my current residence. How did they send that notice to my address if they did not have my current address?? anyway ....she took my information again ...

Name:
LIN:
A #
Address .....
Phone #

and then she goes on that she will inform Service Center regarding NON-Delivery and it will be investigated and that there standard operation is to respond in 4 weeks.

I inquired from her that can she tell me what evidence is required so atleast I can prepare it while I am waiting for this letter...
she gave a standard response that they are not authorized to share the information over the phone and I have to wait for the letter ..

I asked her that what if I still did not get this letter in one month ?? meaning what proof I have that I did report it to BCIS in due time? She had no response but said that well you can take my employee # ... Now even though I have her employee # ...it is of no help ......... so I have to wait ....

I am thinking of trying to enlist my senator's help to find out if they can do anything to assist me to get this information ..I will probably get started on this coming Thursday once I have some free time at work .......

Regards,

I still have not received any letter from BCIS. Very frustrating.....

I did call BCIS toll free number July 25 and selected the option Sessanga had suggested.... after about 15 minutes someone did come on line and I informed them of my situation.... so she started with typical question that had you moved and did you informed BCIS.

I had informed them and also as I had stated earlier that I did receive the FP notice at my current residence. How did they send that notice to my address if they did not have my current address?? anyway ....she took my information again ...

Name:
LIN:
A #
Address .....
Phone #

and then she goes on that she will inform Service Center regarding NON-Delivery and it will be investigated and that there standard operation is to respond in 4 weeks.

I inquired from her that can she tell me what evidence is required so atleast I can prepare it while I am waiting for this letter...
she gave a standard response that they are not authorized to share the information over the phone and I have to wait for the letter ..

I asked her that what if I still did not get this letter in one month ?? meaning what proof I have that I did report it to BCIS in due time? She had no response but said that well you can take my employee # ... Now even though I have her employee # ...it is of no help ......... so I have to wait ....

I am thinking of trying to enlist my senator's help to find out if they can do anything to assist me to get this information ..I will probably get started on this coming Thursday once I have some free time at work .......

Regards,

Be careful because they give you a limited time to respond or they will deny your case.
did you ask your lawyer?