Reply from Senators office

sunnycal

Registered Users (C)
Received reply from Senators office

This it the reply I received from the senators office. After asking them to inquire about my pending case. Such a sloppy system... Guess no one can argue against Threat to National Security. They should infact be processing name checks faster to find potential terrorists, so if there is another attack and the terrorists application was pending name check would that be a good enough reason?

Dear Mr. and Mrs. X

Thank you for your recent correspondence to Senator Boxer's office regarding the security check pertaining to your immigration application and that of your wife’s with the U.S, Citizenship and Immigration Services.

After contacting the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it is my understanding that both security checks were submitted to the FBI. Unfortunately, both security checks are still pending. Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the Bureau of Citizenship and immigration Services has been engaged with the other U.S. government agencies in an extensive and ongoing review of visa-issuing practices, immigration policies including the clearance procedures as they relate to the security of the U.S. borders. As a result, there has been a delay in immigration and naturalization applications.

The time needed for adjudication will continue to be difficult to predict, as necessary new procedures are refined. Due to the sensitive nature of these clearances, U.S. security will not be compromised and there are no expedites or information being released to third parties, including congressional offices. If you wish to find more information regarding these clearances, you may visit the department of State website at www.travel.state.gov, or the bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services website at www.uscis.gov.

Thank you for writing to Senator Boxer. I regret that we are unable to be of more assistance regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Constituent Representative

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they should do security check faster. Also anybody who is thinking
of harming will apply for a visa(such as GC) while inside this country. Security Check makes sense if the applicant is still outside the country. I my opinion they MUST do all these checks before allowing us on temporary visa(H-1B)
and once inside the country there is no point in performing these checks again.

Sunnycal:

Sunnycal: Whom were you talking to in the Senator's office, I mean the person name? Is it the lady who joined recently?

gc_man,

I didn't want to publish the name. I have sent you a message with his name.

Sunnycal.

gc_man said:
Sunnycal: Whom were you talking to in the Senator's office, I mean the person name? Is it the lady who joined recently?

Thanks outletvolt1,

I did read your post this morning. It gives me some hope. I am planning on writing to the congresswoman too. Hope that works out. The whole system seems to be sending out the message "Just shut up and take it."

Sunnycal.

outletvolt1 said:
Sunnycal,

I have received same response from Barbara Boxer's office. But I knew
from my congresswoman that our name checks were cleared. Its a bummer.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=190322

So what does it mean?

The senators office seems to be helping people expediate their name checks. For me they said its not a option. They mentioned they can't even help me further.
Are other people getting letters like that or am I a special case?
Is my *case* being scrutinized (or screwed) more than others by the FBI?

Hi sunnycal,

I have also recently contacted Sen Boxer's office for my namecheck too. I will let you know when I hear something back. I did notice that my LUD changed 2 days in a row about 3-4 days after I contacted her office.

A few questions for you.

1. Did your LUD change too?
2. Which congresswoman are you going to contact ?

Thanks

123_sam

sunnycal said:
Thanks outletvolt1,

I did read your post this morning. It gives me some hope. I am planning on writing to the congresswoman too. Hope that works out. The whole system seems to be sending out the message "Just shut up and take it."

Sunnycal.

Hi 123_sam,

Yes please do let me know. My LUD did not change after I contacted senator Barbara Boxer. I guess it shoudn't chage if FBI says they don't want to share information. In your case maybe the FBI sent information to USCIS (pure speculation) and hence the LUD changed.

LUD can only be changed by the USCIS, in my case it didn't get that far. The senator office has basically told me that they cannot assist me anymore.

I got the reply from the senators office about 2 weeks after I contacted her office. Do you guys think I should contact senator Dianne Feinstein too?

I have not contacted my congressman (www.house.gov). I will do that.

Thanks,
SunnyCal

123_sam said:
Hi sunnycal,

I have also recently contacted Sen Boxer's office for my namecheck too. I will let you know when I hear something back. I did notice that my LUD changed 2 days in a row about 3-4 days after I contacted her office.

A few questions for you.

Thanks

123_sam

What is the lead time to get the response from the Senator's office?

Out family applied the I-485 in Oct. 2002. My wife, my daughter and I received the approval in Aug. 2004 BUT NOT my son due to the FBI name check. We did numerous inquiries ourself but no good answers. I faxed a letter to Senator Boxer's office in later of Aug. and earlier Sep. this year, and confirmed with them on the receipt of the fax letter. I called the office yestoday and was told the case is not in they system which means that the letter is still pile up somewhere. The told me that they will start look at my case in a week or two.

Can anybody have any clue for how long it will take for the office to start do something and how long they can get the some answers from FBI?

sunnycal said:
Hi 123_sam,

Yes please do let me know. My LUD did not change after I contacted senator Barbara Boxer. I guess it shoudn't chage if FBI says they don't want to share information. In your case maybe the FBI sent information to USCIS (pure speculation) and hence the LUD changed.

LUD can only be changed by the USCIS, in my case it didn't get that far. The senator office has basically told me that they cannot assist me anymore.

I got the reply from the senators office about 2 weeks after I contacted her office. Do you guys think I should contact senator Dianne Feinstein too?

I have not contacted my congressman (www.house.gov). I will do that.

Thanks,
SunnyCal

The congressperson can only respone to the resident in their district. Check who is your congressperson with:

http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/index.htm

123_sam said:
Hi sunnycal,

A few questions for you.

Thanks

123_sam