Renewing National Passaport

Colombian PR

Registered Users (C)
I've heard that you are not supposed to renew your National Passport when you are a LPR thru asylum, but I don't know the reason why. I've also heard that your Citizenship may be denied if you do so because you are showing lack of loyalty to this country.
Anyone here knows why? This makes no sense to me! I'm not saying that I will use it to travel back to COP, I just need to have a NP to travel any where else.

Any inputs?

The key is what you asserted on your asylum application. Renewing your passport can often be inconsistent with those assertions.

Dont Worry

Use Your Np, I Have The Same Citizen That You(colombia)
I Dont Have Problems With The Goverment Of My Country, I Am Very Proud Of Be Colombian.
I Claimed Asylum Based On Terrorist Treads From One Of The Multiples Colombian Terrorist Groups, And I Make That Point Very Clear In My Asylum Application.
Y Yo Espero Que Tu Futuro No Dependa Solo Del Ser Ciudadano De Aqui, Es Horrible Ver Como La Mayoria De Las Personas En Este Foro Dejan Ver Sus Ancias De Ser Ciudadanos De Aqui Como Si Esa Fuera La Panacea De Sus Vidas, Que Triste....
Espero Que Algun Dia Podamos Volver A Nuestro Bello Pais, Cuando Todos Esos Terroristas Sean Eliminados De Colombia.

I've heard that you are not supposed to renew your National Passport when you are a LPR thru asylum, but I don't know the reason why. I've also heard that your Citizenship may be denied if you do so because you are showing lack of loyalty to this country.
Anyone here knows why? This makes no sense to me! I'm not saying that I will use it to travel back to COP, I just need to have a NP to travel any where else.

Any inputs?

renewing passport could raise a red flag for your future citizenship interview but that doesnt count if you apply your political asylum not based from government persecution. because thats different if you have persecution based from some organization religion or army etc.
as long as you have no problem with government , you can renew your passport and it also will cross checked from your affidavit when you apply your asylum

The key is what you asserted on your asylum application. Renewing your passport can often be inconsistent with those assertions.

What if you claimed that the government did not protect you against fundamentalists because it was weak at the time? Now, it is a very strong government that cracked down on those miscreants

Any inputs?

My question to you would be -- why do you want to renew your NP? I would recommend againt renewing a NP. I am unsure whether renewing NP (but not travelling to your Country of Nationality) has implication on the requirement and approval of citizenship.

renewing passport could raise a red flag for your future citizenship interview but that doesnt count if you apply your political asylum not based from government persecution. because thats different if you have persecution based from some organization religion or army etc.
as long as you have no problem with government , you can renew your passport and it also will cross checked from your affidavit when you apply your asylum
army etc.

First of all , Darling the Army is a Government.

Second of all ,no metter with who you have the issues if u came to USA seeking Asylum means that your Government is unwilling to protect you and this is why you have an Asylum here if you apply for the NP means that u need the Protection of your country ( Passport means a Protection )
so the USCIS will think that u used them to get the Asylum that's all period.

So now if u have other explanation and emergency about why u have visited ur country or renewed your NP ,that is something else none can say what will happen its up to them

Am I dreaming or what? Are these the Colombian PR and King 27 that I have known for a while as a forum member? It is amazing! I am saying this because you guys were advocates of renewing National Passport and Going back Country of Persecution. I have seen you guys giving a valuable advice on the matter and fighting to death over the issue and here we are posing the basic question, and looking at it at a different angle. I am not sure what say…silent..

Am I dreaming or what? Are these the Colombian PR and King 27 that I have known for a while as a forum member? It is amazing! I am saying this because you guys were advocates of renewing National Passport and Going back Country of Persecution. I have seen you guys giving a valuable advice on the matter and fighting to death over the issue and here we are posing the basic question, and looking at it at a different angle. I am not sure what say…silent..

I dont want to be saying this but I think all hell broke loose when some columbian ex-asylees decided to visit their country few to often..raising red flags....or some columbians went to their embassy asking them if they can go back..which prompted the embassy to ask about it in a formal request..which prompted the "fact sheet" and more hassles for bona-fide ex-asylees.

Naturalizations Requirements

Gente, People....... please stop the paranoia. Stop making a drama becuase of renewing NP and visiting COP.

We , as ex-asylees and GC holders, In order to be a citizen of the U.S we just need to.

1. Be a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least five years since the date on the GC.

2. Clear criminal record and good moral character.

3. Pay our taxes to the IRS.

4. As of today, U$ 330 application fee.

USCIS do not give a s........... if we renew NP, if we visit COP......

Just wait until citizenship interview and then come to the forum and start blaming about renewing NP or visiting COP. But, please stop the paranoia.

Regards and good luck on all of us citizenship interview.

Listen douchebag mouth , I never said anything about the national passport in the past. but i said that u open a lot ur mouth and u need to back off sometimes moron.
If u did read well what I wrote, u would understood.But again u are just one of those who really really need to shove something in their mouth before they open it.
Get a life moron little prick.

A passport is a travel document issued by a national government that usually identifies the bearer as a national of the issuing state and requests that the bearer be permitted to enter and pass through other countries.

Passports are connected with the right of legal protection abroad and the right to enter one's country of nationality. Passports usually contain the holder's photograph, signature, date of birth, nationality, and sometimes other means of individual identification.

Travelco

Any inputs?

i renewed my passport because my lawer told me too. i also renewed my passaport at the L.A embassy. no problem what so ever.

I dont want to be saying this but I think all hell broke loose when some columbian ex-asylees decided to visit their country few to often..raising red flags....or some columbians went to their embassy asking them if they can go back..which prompted the embassy to ask about it in a formal request..which prompted the "fact sheet" and more hassles for bona-fide ex-asylees.

Hello, Mr. Wantmygcnow, It is not Columbians is Colombian. We always appreciatte your imputs and advice, but as moderator i think that what you just wrote here is offensive, i'm a Colombian and because i'm not from Europe or else it doesn't mean that we are not bona-fide asylees. Also it is not only colombians traveling back to COP.......let's be clear that many other people from different countrys had been back to COP for any reason. So please don't blame in us "colombians" something that you can't be sure. I'm sorry but we all know that fake asylums and fraud are everywhere and from any country, but you shoudn't be pointing on national of any country. You are a Moderator here.......................:cool:
We should leave the task of find frauds and fake asylees to USCIS, and use this forum in way to help other people.
Again this kind of post create adverse image for hard working people and honest from any country..................................
Bad guys exist all around not just in Colombia.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Mr. Wantmygcnow, It is not Columbians is Colombian. We always appreciatte your imputs and advice, but as moderator i think that what you just wrote here is offensive, i'm a Colombian and because i'm not from Europe or else it doesn't mean that we are not bona-fide asylees. Also it is not only colombians traveling back to COP.......let's be clear that many other people from different countrys had been back to COP for any reason. So please don't blame in us "colombians" something that you can't be sure. I'm sorry but we all know that fake asylums and fraud are everywhere and from any country, but you shoudn't be pointing on national of any country. You are a Moderator here.......................:cool:
We should leave the task of find frauds and fake asylees to USCIS, and use this forum in way to help other people.
Again this kind of post create adverse image for hard working people and honest from any country..................................
Thanks.

Agree. I apologize.

Thanks.

You also missed my point. THe fact sheet was generated because of colombian embassy's request correct? I meant that if you can go to your embassy and say I want to go back but U.S won't let me..can u check for me?....it may raise some questions in front of USCIS..

9 out 10 embassies of other COPs would hate you if you told them that you are an asylee..Lots even refuse to give you a NP so it was very awkard that ex-asylee went to his COP embassy asking if they could formally ask USCIS about visiting their COP....

Before everything was muddy and releasing a fact sheet may help USCIS if they decide to pursue ex-asylees. I will never go to my COP because I dont have to...but i was talking about whoever needs to go. Lot of times things mess up because of other people. I am not saying its all colombians but I am saying maybe Colombian embassy was that stupid to ask USCIS about people who had said bad things about them..it was very weird for me.

Again I apologize if I offended you but I am giving you my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with you .
great point

You also missed my point. THe fact sheet was generated because of colombian embassy's request correct? I meant that if you can go to your embassy and say I want to go back but U.S won't let me..can u check for me?....it may raise some questions in front of USCIS..

9 out 10 embassies of other COPs would hate you if you told them that you are an asylee..Lots even refuse to give you a NP so it was very awkard that ex-asylee went to his COP embassy asking if they could formally ask USCIS about visiting their COP....

Before everything was muddy and releasing a fact sheet may help USCIS if they decide to pursue ex-asylees. I will never go to my COP because I dont have to...but i was talking about whoever needs to go. Lot of times things mess up because of other people. I am not saying its all colombians but I am saying maybe Colombian embassy was that stupid to ask USCIS about people who had said bad things about them..it was very weird for me.

Again I apologize if I offended you but I am giving you my opinion.

Listen douchebag mouth , I never said anything about the national passport in the past. but i said that u open a lot ur mouth and u need to back off sometimes moron.
If u did read well what I wrote, u would understood.But again u are just one of those who really really need to shove something in their mouth before they open it.
Get a life moron little prick.

No comment on this..............:confused: