Remuneration change for a TN visa holder

WithBelief

I got the new TN visa in the month of December. In the immigration support letter, it is clearly mentioned that my designation, term of employment for 3 years, remuneration and the actual start date and the initial location and client for which i am going to work.
The following is the extracts from the Immigration support letter provided by employer to US immigration officer:

Ms.Joyce will be a full time employee of XXX Inc. (U.S.A.) and her gross compensation
will be USD 1,xx,xxx per year which will be paid in accordance with the company’s bi-weekly
payroll schedule.

Ms. Joyce will be traveling throughout the year to our client locations in The United States
of America. Her salary will be paid by XXX Inc. (U.S.A) during her work assignment in The
United States of America.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the project at the initial location is ended a week ago due to that Clients budget allocation. My employer proposed a project with the same role and responsibilities with a new Client at a new location. But the employer is saying my remuneration will be reduced by 10% due to new location cost of living is cheaper. I am not happy about it.

In the month of December when I was interviewing, I had offers from different employers and chose this company and one main reason is the remuneration package. After the TN Visa is granted, can the employer reduce my pay like that. How far that is legal? Even If I accept for the less pay will be not be a misleading information about the remuneration in the support letter?

My other option is that I have to find a new employer and it will be hassle again for me.

I want to continue with the same employer and it is a huge organization but I observed the hiring managers do have not much information about the TN Visa. They are just trying to convince me for the less compensation for the new assignment at the new location. Guide me on this. REGARDS

i dont think CBP cares too much about the renumeration since there is no LCA requirement for TN. This said, clearly this employer sux. Find a new one if you are unhappy with him. Wish you the best.

Thank you Hello Mister for the response. Yes I did not find any proper remuneration guidelines for TN visa. I never experienced this kind of salary reduction in my career. I will try to negotiate and see. If I continue to feel demotivated I will start for looking for a new employer.

Unlike H1, TN does not have an LCA, tso hey can do this without any immigration consequences.