Removal of conditional GC and Join taxes

jacobson00

Registered Users (C)
hello all,
i have a question, i have been married for a little over 2 yrs and will be filling to removal of the conditional GR, next year. We have been filling taxes together past 2 yrs, however this year my wife(the US citizen) lost her job and i am supporting her. We will be filling taxes together in 2014. When filling for the removal, do we need to get a financial sponsor? I make enough to support both of us and our gross income on taxes is more than enough.
My understanding is for the first application we may need to, but once we filled together and have enough, there is no need for an affidavit of support.

also, can someone under conditional GC, be the financial sponsor for someone else?

Hi,

To remove Conditions from your Green Card you will require to file Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions or Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions Residence.You can find the process of removing removing condition in your Green Card here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice

hello all,
i have a question, i have been married for a little over 2 yrs and will be filling to removal of the conditional GR, next year. We have been filling taxes together past 2 yrs, however this year my wife(the US citizen) lost her job and i am supporting her. We will be filling taxes together in 2014. When filling for the removal, do we need to get a financial sponsor? I make enough to support both of us and our gross income on taxes is more than enough.
My understanding is for the first application we may need to, but once we filled together and have enough, there is no need for an affidavit of support.

also, can someone under conditional GC, be the financial sponsor for someone else?

Hi,

To remove Conditions from your Green Card you will require to file Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions or Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions Residence.You can find the process of removing removing condition in your Green Card here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice

Hi, i am talking about form i 134 or i 864. Do we need that when filling i 751, if we filled taxes together and have sufficient income.