relocating before receipt of plastic card

I've posted this query in the "physical gc" forum and am repeating it here. Could someone please shed some light on this?

Passport stamped 1/28/2004
Wait starts for the card.

Can someone answer a question for me ?
I've read somewhere (murthy I think) that it is preferable not to relocate to another address while waiting for the plastic card.

I called the Customer Service line and was told that if I change address, call and get a representative to update the address in the system and also file the AR-11 form.

Has anyone had this experience of moving after stamping and before receiving the GC plastic card?

I had my interview and passport stamped in December 17, 2003, was told I should receive my greencard anywhere from 1 month to 12 months. On January 1 we moved and I filed the form with my new address. The next day I received a welcome letter from the US Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service, saying I should receive my GC within the next 3 weeks. I was concerned they wouldn't get my new address and the GC would be sent to my old address, even though I had put in a change of address at the post office, so I called the Customer Service number listed on the welcome letter to confirm my change of address (1-800-375-5283).
I was told by the representative that it was against the law for the post office to forward government mail, although my welcome letter had been forwarded to my new address by the post office. She confirmed my new address and said that it was too late to do the change because once the Welcome letter had been sent out it meant that my GC was already processed. Her answer to my question was: "if you don't receive your GC in the next 3 weeks call the Customer Service number and ask to file a "none delivery referral", which she explained would eventually get in the system and would update my address and the GC would be sent to the new address.
Strangely enough, the next day I received my GC in the mail at my new address, again forwarded to me through the post office.
This was all within one week of receiving the Welcome letter.
Since then I have received a total of 4 Welcome letters from the US Department of Justice, the first one and my GC forwarded by the post office, the next 3 welcome letters..stating the same thing as the first one..to my new address.
It took less than 3 weeks from the stamping of my passport to get my Welcome letter(s) and the actual GC in the mail.

Do not move

Do not move. You will get your plastic card with in a month. I would wait for couple of months before moving. Some times post office forwards the immigration mails by mistake that does not mean every one gets theirs. I did not get my approval notice(I moved during the time of approval and they mailed approval notice before I informed them of change of address). My suggestion is do not move.