religious wedding first?

chuck_spidina

Hello, I have a question. I'm filing K1 visa for my fiancee and we want to have a religious wedding in her country right after she gets the visa and then she will enter the US for civil ceremony. We want to do this due to religious reasons (we're not supposed to live together as a couple before the religious ceremony), and, the religious wedding has no legal connotation in her country at all, we want to do this for the spiritual part. I would like to know, is it legal to do things this way? would this affect any future immigration paperwork?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Chuck

If the religious ceremony does not make you legally married in your fiancee's country, I do not see how it could possibly have any impact on your future immigration paperwork. You should definitely be able to do it.

I can't see a problem. an easy thing to do is to check it out with whomever is going to do the religious service. there may be a period of time neseaary to give before one can have the religious service. just explain the situation and they should be able to accomodate you. For me I am having a religious service later this year. you are just getting married in the eyes of you church. the rest can be done over here.