Regarding Biometrics Test for Greencard Renewal...

screwedupcase

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can someone please guide me to understand if the biometrics appointment for the Greencard renewal process (I-90) happens on a particular set date or will I have an opportunity to go for the test any time after I receive the notice?

Your response will be much appreciated!​

Thanks!

The notice will state a specific date, but you can attempt a walk-in for an earlier date. You are not guaranteed to be accepted for a walk-in; they will decide whether to accept you at the moment when you show up, based on their discretion and how busy they are that day.

They do give you an actual appt. date and time BUT you can ask to be re-scheduled or I think they still give you a standard "make up" period (check your notice) OR you can just try your luck by taking your appt. notice and showing up at another time (some valid excuse is usually a good idea). Like... "bring a class schedule to verify a schedule conflict" or some other documentation of conflict, Dr. appt. such as for a scheduled procedure, airline ticket or itinerary, or appt. notice for a standardized test--MCAT, LSAT, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, etc.. You can't just blow it off on a whim for no good reason and expect to be accommodated.

Thanks, appreciate your quick responses!

Would anyone know, roughly how long does it take in NJ to get the biometrics test date after filing the I-90 application?