reg B1 Visa Stay & Extension,

roy_sdd

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am working for X company and have got b1 visa on X.My b1 visa is valid till july, 2007.
and Company Y has offices in US and in India and offering a job
and wanted me to come on X company b1 visa and from there they will take care of my extension and file h1.. how this will work?

anybody has same experience please share.

Regards
Roy.

roy_sdd said:
I am working for X company and have got b1 visa on X.My b1 visa is valid till july, 2007. and Company Y has offices in US and in India and offering a job and wanted me to come on X company b1 visa and from there they will take care of my extension and file h1.. how this will work?
You cannot be employed on B1 visa in the United States. If you have a valid B1 you can surely enter, but leagaly company X will not be able to employ you until you change your status to H1. However, there are certain categories that are not eligible for the change of status, so you might wanna check on that...I changed status in the US and the process took about 2.5-3 months... Your best option might be to simply ask your company X to sponsor H1 visa in your home country. I think there is an expidited procesdure for H1 and they can have all papers ready in less than a month. If you have H1 you will be able to travel, plus can start working upon your entrance into the US...

hi,

Hi pvkby

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

After discussing with some of my frnds in USA, I too got the same feeling not to go on b1 and take risk.

I will wait for new h1 quota and ask employer to file.

Thanks once again.

bye
Roy.

pvkby said:
roy_sdd said:
I am working for X company and have got b1 visa on X.My b1 visa is valid till july, 2007. and Company Y has offices in US and in India and offering a job and wanted me to come on X company b1 visa and from there they will take care of my extension and file h1.. how this will work?
You cannot be employed on B1 visa in the United States. If you have a valid B1 you can surely enter, but leagaly company X will not be able to employ you until you change your status to H1. However, there are certain categories that are not eligible for the change of status, so you might wanna check on that...I changed status in the US and the process took about 2.5-3 months... Your best option might be to simply ask your company X to sponsor H1 visa in your home country. I think there is an expidited procesdure for H1 and they can have all papers ready in less than a month. If you have H1 you will be able to travel, plus can start working upon your entrance into the US...