Refund of I-485 application fee..what's that mean?

kae_jolie

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I received a letter dated 12/12/06 notifying us of a refund of $395.00 for the I-485 application fee. It states "the fee is being returned because there was not a visa available when you filed your I-485 application." I went on the case status website to see the status of my application and it was "pending" with a Last Update Date of 12/14/06, which is after they sent the letter. So, what is the status of my application or what is it going to be?
I also, have EAD and AP that I have traveled on. The application has been pending since 1/26/06. At the time, I applied as EB-2, but they amended it to EB-3 back in last May and left my I-485 pending. Now they have refunded the application fees, what's next? My AP and EAD is up for renewal and I would like to renew them. I don't know what to do or think?

Please share your experience and knowledge with me.

Thanks.

some calrity needed - you are citizen of which country? what is your priority date? Priority date is date when your labor application was filed.

PD: 9/15/03 (Citizen of an African country)
I-140/I-485 submitted on 1/25/06
Approved I-140 (amended from EB-2 to EB-3) on 5/30/06
refund of I-485 fee on 12/12/06

Yours is a tricky scenario....You should consult a lawyer....

I have heard of I-140 getting corrected from EB3 to EB2...in those cases the I-485 continues...lot of guys did that....in this forum!