REF urgent!!!! Jaxen,hassoon, inders99, coolcat5 help please

kevin0lee

Registered Users (C)
Dear freinds,

I know your names on the web of immigration forum. I need your suggestions. I got I-485 REF of confirming employment one month after my job change. I'd like to know as below,

1. I applied as EB1(A) self-petition. It is not employment-based case, so I haven't notify INS yet. Should I promptly notify INS about the job change?

2. My new job is in the location of different sevice center. Should I transfer the case? REF asks for the proof that I'll continue to work in the same area. As I already waited for long time and now it's close to approval, it'll take long time to wait if the case is transfered to another service center.

Please let me know what I should do according to your experience. Thank you very much.

Kevin

Similar situation

1- You don't need to notify the INS volantarily. However if there is a RFE you'd better Notify them of the current employment. But if the current employment is not in a similar job, then I don't know what is better for you to do, but may be in your case they only care that you are employed or not.

2- As for a different service center, I am in the same situation. I filed with CSC, but now working in Washington State. The lawyer told me that this should be OK and her advice was not to transfer it. That was the opinion of 3 lawyers I consulted with.

Please give more details about your case.

transfering the case or not depends on your decision or INS'?

hassoon,

I have a question for you, INS decides to transfer your application to another processing center or you can decide?

Thank you

You can decide, But

You can decide by either sending update or not sending update of your new address. But you need to be careful and have access to the old address if INS sends you something to the address on the application. This is what the lawyer told me. But in all cases you need to tell the truth if you are asked. So, if you get RFE or Interview and they ask you about your adress, then the answer is your current address. If they ask you why you did not send update of the address, then you can answer that you did not want your case to move to another center, and that you did your part by sending address change notice to the INS at washington AR-11 which you are obliged by INS to do.

REF detail

Dear Hassoon,

Thank you for your comments. My REF asks " please submit a letter and/or evidence which establishes that you'll continue to be engaged in the occupation of which the national interest waiver is based. This evidence shall specify how you intend to serve the national interest and confirm that you intend to carry out the terms and conditions of the inderlying I-140 petition". You are right that INS may only care whether I am employed or not. Do you think that I should submit a formal employment letter with the new job or simply write a cover letter without releasing my new job?

I left my job in NSC area on Oct18 for a new job in CSC. I received REF on Nov 14. I still keep the old address until the end of Novermber and can extend the address if you think is necessary. Do you think that I should tell them my new address in CSC or ask to transfer to a friend's address in NSC?

I hope to hear your opinion soon. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't change the address.

My advice to you is not to change the address. you will bring troubles to yourself. Transfering from one center to another is the last thing you want to do, specially after getting the FRE.

But you need to file the AR-11 and send it to INS washington certified mail. This is required by law.

About the employment letter I don't really know. Either you sent a formal letter from the new employee a long with the description. but in this case you need to mention that you are taking benefit of the AC-21. OR, just send a letter signed by your manager and the HR of the new company with the details of your job and that you will keep doing similar things for the future. The description should be very close to the description in your I-140, I mean your old job. This way, the INS will focus on the detailes of the job.

I would like to say that you can't use the AC-21 unless your case was pending more than 180 days before you received the RFE.

I wish this helps