Reentry permit can be rejected?

octopus

Registered Users (C)
Just out of curiosity. Can already issued (you have it physically in your hands) re-entry permit be revoked?

My concern is I never received an approval notice, because by the time the application for I-131 was pending, I changed the address and the approval notice was probably lost. Hope that wasn't any ground for revoking already issued document.

However, I successfully received my re-entry permit overseas.

If you were outside the US when you filed the I-131 application, they can revoke the reentry permit when they realize that fact.

Apart from that, I don't think they can revoke it unless they're also revoking your green card for some other reason.

i submitted my kids form 1-131 but did an error and not signed for the applicant because it was me who applied and signed for the other person preparing signature and they said it is not valid till that place is signed. please advise on that applicant box i should sign my name or my daughter's name or how i should do it.. i need to resubmit it today as am running out of time...

no it is me who prepared it but i thought i should not sign for her since she is under age. she is going to be 4yrs.. so what should i sign for the applicant signature? this is what it stated" a signature is not contained in the signature block of the application or petition. A signature in the" signature of person preparing form, if other than above" block is not valid signature for this purpose. Please sign and resubmit the application. so what should i sign?? my name or her name or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
To parents of children under 14 (and/or unable to sign their name) or someone acting for a disabled person of any age....

8 CFR 103.2

(a)

(2) Signature . An applicant or petitioner must sign his or her application or petition. However, a parent or legal guardian may sign for a person who is less than 14 years old. A legal guardian may sign for a mentally incompetent person. By signing the application or petition, the applicant or petitioner, or parent or guardian certifies under penalty of perjury that the application or petition, and all evidence submitted with it, either at the time of filing or thereafter, is true and correct. Unless otherwise specified in this chapter, an acceptable signature on an application or petition that is being filed with the BCIS is one that is either handwritten or, for applications or petitions filed electronically as permitted by the instructions to the form, in electronic format. (Revised effective 5/29/03; 68 FR 23010 )

*** Below is what they say to do on a Certificate of Citizenship, so it is not a big stretch of the imagination to follow this procedure,***

In general anything "....shall be signed by the applicant unless the applicant is a child unable to sign his/her name, in which case the certificate shall be signed by the parent or guardian, and the signature shall read "(insert name of child) by (insert name of parent or guardian, indicating which)."

Jane Doe by John Doe, father/mother (sign YOUR normal signature and print her name and your relationship)

i just wrote her full name and i filled the information for other person preparing the document and i have already mailed it. what are the chances??? i hate to see it coming back...

What exactly did you do... did you fill out a new blank form, or did you fill in only part 8 of the form that they sent back?

i filled question 8 of which they sent to me... so i filled her name as the applicant signature and i let that part for anybody part from the petitioner prepared it remain since they said it is void..

i filled question 8 of which they sent to me... so i filled her name as the applicant signature and i let that part for anybody part from the petitioner prepared it remain since they said it is void..

Please let us know how it turns out. They might let it slide as long as there something there where they wanted it.

Please let us know how it turns out. They might let it slide as long as there something there where they wanted it.

I will keep you posted. I am just keeping my fingers crossed because i dont want to get it rejected the second time..

I will keep you posted. I am just keeping my fingers crossed because i dont want to get it rejected the second time..

i just got a txt with the receipt number so it seems like my case went through. Thanks to God it was not rejected again. So now just waiting for the biometric appointment but seems like i will miss my flight today.