reentry in to the us

shankar72

Registered Users (C)
i am going for a short vacation to india and when i come back i will have only a week left in the visa that has been stamped on my passport. i have
filed for my extension and have the receipt with me. do u think i will have any problems during immigration here in the usa?

No problems

Show the receipt and they will know that you are good. Just to be on the safer side, check the status with your receipt number the day before you will enter US.

jaxen

thanks for replying i have anaother quick question on this i saw u posting for one of the questions that a person should not leave the country when a change or extension is pending does this not apply to me because i have a valid h1b visa till i come back
please do reply i am in india right now and want to spend the rest of my hols in peace

appreciate it

Problem with I94 if

H1 is approved when you are out of US. Generally abandonment condition applies to change of status petitions.
As long as the approval date is after your reentry into US you are safe. That is why I asked you to check your H1 before entering US. If you hear approval, ask somebody to mail the approval to you and then enter US with new approval. Saves a lot of heartburn later.
To learn about more of this I94 fiascos read the archives on I94