Redo Fingerprint

waitingforaos

Registered Users (C)
I recently read on Murthy.com that fingerprints for AOS are valid for 18 months. I got my done in Nov 2001 so that menas that they will expire in May. My case is in the local office and am waiitng for an interview. Its been over 6 months that my case has been transferred to the local office.

Has anybody been or is in similar situation. Is ther anybody out there who has had to redo the fingerprinting.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I had my first fingerprints done in Feb 02, but earlier this month they I got another notice to appear for fingerprints again.., so I had it done again on Mar 11 03 !!

Hope this helps !

RD: 09/19/01
ND: 11/15/01
FP: 02/28/02

No RFE, EB2/NJ

FP 18 months?

I could not find any reference in Murthy.com about the time limit of 18 months on FP..
Even if true, you can get a 2nd notice within 18 months if your fingerprints are what the FBI calls as "non-specific".. Something not able to fit into the computer model of FP's. A very small % fall in this category and the computer cannot create a unique record for these. The 2nd FP notice is most likely to get better quality FP's and if that also fails, they do a manual over-ride by manually specifying 32 points on your FP's. I know this as this has happenned to my brother in 1997.

Originally posted by waitingforaos
I recently read on Murthy.com that fingerprints for AOS are valid for 18 months. I got my done in Nov 2001 so that menas that they will expire in May. My case is in the local office and am waiitng for an interview. Its been over 6 months that my case has been transferred to the local office.

You're in the same boat as me, right? Waiting for Atlanta to stop ignoring your case?

I think I have bad news - the fingerprints are only valid for 15 months, so you may need to redo them. My fingerprints were taken on 1/31/02, so I am pretty much out of time as well.

There is a fairly good chance that we will need to redo our fingerprinting and medical. I have seen some of my friends been asked to do it again. Whose case has taken a long time 20 months from RD. So I am assuming the fingerprinting date must be within the 6 months following the RD. I guess it is 15 months and above you have to do it again.

Originally posted by GeeCee Saga
There is a fairly good chance that we will need to redo our fingerprinting and medical. I have seen some of my friends been asked to do it again. Whose case has taken a long time 20 months from RD. So I am assuming the fingerprinting date must be within the 6 months following the RD. I guess it is 15 months and above you have to do it again.

I don't believe the medicals expire. The fingerprints do.

Lawyer has a different say...

My lawyer has a different opinion about the FP expiring. According to her it doesnot expire and she has not seen any case they were asked to be redone just because they expired maybe for different reasons.
Anyways, I am planning on goign to the local office for AP extension, will try and ask them.
Does anybody know if they will issue a ticket if you say you have come for Ap extention. I know they would not if you are going for EAD extension. Anyinput will be greatly appreciated.

Expired fingerprints

FP1 12/28/01
FP2 scheduled for 4/9/03
How can FP's expire ???? You cannot change your FP's EVER !! Just stalling techniques !

Fingerprints expire

I agree with malikms_2000 that our fingerprints don't change. But, I believe its a procedural requirement. FBI will not act unless the process is initiated by INS.

The report submitted by FBI to INS will expire in 15 months. They want to recheck the database, if anything happend after your first report was generated (that you might have screwed up something lately). For that the trigger is asking you to goto INS and give the fingerprints.

What ever the reasons are; it sucks.

Bob:confused: