Redesigned USCIS.GOV

But it is still the same sh**ty government organization. Window dressing doesn't change the way they work.

I liked the graphs and the steps in case status, even if processing times don't change, I think it's a big step up in customer service!

I just saw that the online case status pages already have a new design and decided to check my 2 old N400 cases - both already decided upon, and they are both still showing as "Initial Review" with same phrase "we received your application" - which is disappointing, may be the new post Sep 22 N400 cases will get normal updates like i130s do

I just saw that the online case status pages already have a new design and decided to check my 2 old N400 cases - both already decided upon, and they are both still showing as "Initial Review" with same phrase "we received your application" - which is disappointing, may be the new post Sep 22 N400 cases will get normal updates like i130s do

Only thing that can be renovated is web layout, not database. That's unfortunate. Hopefully we could see more new fields in database so the case status would give more information.

E-Mail To USCIS About Online Case Status Database

One of the interesting enhancements is that they now allow e-mails. I have initiated a little test. I sent the following mail to the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations :

Dear USCIS Customer Service:

First, let me congratulate on your newly designed web site, which seems to introduce a significant number of enhancements that should make it easier and more efficient for anyone to interact with the USCIS.

At the same time, it seems that the previously quite unreliable online case status database has not been significantly enhanced. I have heard from many applicants for naturalization that their case status is frequently outdated and not correct. For example, my application ESC*00xxxxxxx was approved, and I was naturalized on December 17, 2008. However, my online case status still shows it to be under "Initial Review", last updated on 3/13/2008.

Could you please look into this issue and also let me know what your current plans are to enhance the accuracy of the online case status database?

Sincerely,

Let's see what comes back. If this results in an update to the database, maybe others could send e-mails as well. The more people complain, the more likely something will be done about it. In particular, anyone who is already naturalized should not be afraid to do this.

I guess they will not update old cases which are closed