RECORDING available for download for July 16 Conference Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different dates on G Card, and I-485 Approval Notice

Hi, Rajiv.

First, thank you for this forum, and then for your community service.

I am shortly going to turn in my N-400, and had a q w.r.t the qualifying "Resident since' date. In my case, the PR Card (issued by the ASC, CA) and Temp. stamp (placed in my passport in Phx) both show the same date; however, the I-797C Notice date is off (being later by abt 3 weeks).
My q: can I SAFELY assume the date printed on the P R card?

Many thanks, again.

hello rajeev
Thanks for the great service
I have file my N-400 i got married in oct 2006 and was away from USA for 161 days came back in april .After a week of coming back i have to go back again for my wife ill health .Stayed out of USA for 90 days .I have all the records of my wife ill health.Since then i m here in USA going back every year for couples of week .Is this ok for my Citizenship application.
Thank you very much

Hi Rajeev,

I have a question about H1B Transfer.

Once I file for H1B transfer with new company Can I start working for new company from very next day?
And How much time it need it take for transfer of H1B Visa?

Spouse of GC, L-1 project ending, need options......

My spouse is on L-1 visa and her project will be getting over in October this year. I am a GC holder.
As she can't stay in US being a spouse of a GC holder we are planning to get her status chaged to F-1.
The question I have are:
1) Will there be any issues in changing the status. I have not file I-130 for her yet.
2) If the transfer is approved will she face problem when she goes to India for her F-1 visa stamping as her spouse is in US.
3) Will it be advisable to first get her F-1 visa stamped and then file I-130.

Please advise.
Thanks for your help.

H1 Approved but not stamped. Applying for Visitor's Visa

Hello Rajiv,

I am a Canadian permanent resident residing and working in Canada. My H1 was approved in Oct, 2008 and is valid until Sep, 2011. I have not got my visa stamped and not started working with my employer in the US. I intend to join my Us employer after 8 months. I have my employer's consent on this. I intend to visit the US for my brother's marriage on a visitor's visa and get my H1 stamped after 8 months.

• When I apply for the Visitor's Visa, does my approved H1 show up to the visa officer and what implication does it have
  • Is there a negative to starting work on H1 much later than its initial approval since my H1 was approved in Oct, 2008 while I will start work only in Feb, 2010
  • Since my H1 approval in Oct, 2008 many things have changed on the H1 scene. Will any of that affect me when I apply for my H1 stamping in Canada 8 months from now

Thanks for your advise.

Best Regards,
Jenny

Hi Rajiv,

MY I-485 is pending. I travelled to India last time using my AP.
But iam still working on H1B even though i have EAD.

Now iam planning to go to india for atleast an year and see if iam able to settle there permanently. If i do not like there for any reason and then i would like to come back.

Do you see any problem with my Green card in this situation.

Thanks

H1b visa stamping

Hi Reajiv ji,

I am on H1b visa since oct 2006 and it expires in sept 2008. I recently got extension for 3 more years. My GC is at i-140 approved stage. I am planning to go to vancouver, canada for stamping and have following questions:

1. Can I go to stamping before expiration of current stamped visat that means before sept 2008?
2. Is there any increased scrutiny for visa stamping these days?
3. Where do you think its safer to go for stamping canada or India?

Any other suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nilesh

Status
Not open for further replies.