Recording available for download for Aug 27 CONFERENCE CALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rajiv,
some questions about a pending case of 2nd deg assault charges (under DV) in MD

How would above criminal case's outcomes, like listed below, affect a pending naturalization application?
a) not guilty, case dismissed, charges dropped.

b) not guilty, case dismissed but with anger management counselling and or fines

c) charges lessened from "assault" to "disorderly conduct" with anger management classes and or probation time

d) probation before judgement.

Thank you very much for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question on travel outside US when visa is about to expire

hi Rajiv,
Thanks for taking my call and doing this community service.

I am currently working on H1B visa and my visa (and work authorization) is valid till Apr 19, 2010 and my passport is valid till Oct 2010. I am planning on getting married, sometime in mid January 2010 and for that, I am planning on making a trip to India in January and would come back on the 1st week of Feb 2010.
My questions are -

1. Do you think I may have issues at the port of entry on my way back as my visa would be expiring in a couple of months (in mid April)?

2. My 'would be' spouse is in India and I would like to bring her on dependent H4 visa. She do not hold any US visa. Now, I may have to come before her, in the first week of Feb 2010, as I need to join work and she may have to come alone, later in Feb 2010, after getting her visa stamped in India. Do you see any potential problems in this scenario for her in getting her H4 visa stamped and/or during immigration as my visa/work authorization is valid this Apr 19, 2010.

Do you think I need to go through the H1B extention process before I can make this trip?

Please advice.

thanks,

Immigration reforms

Hi Rajiv-ji,

Thanks for this awesome service. I have two questions for you:

Do you expect Obama administration's immigration reforms will affect employment GC?
Do you expect priority dates move drastically in october?

Regards,
Nilesh

Status
Not open for further replies.