Hey Guys

RIR

I485
RDFeb 10 2004
ND Feb 11 2004

FP10/3/04
Approved 10/28/04

RD to approval including Fp took8months and 18 days

Although I am thrilled ,I have signed a contract with my new employer ,I was hoping to use the AC 21 provision to move,my H1B with the next employer was still pending,and the INS asked for proof I was still with my current employer.

(I-485 had been pending for 180 days August 18 2004 however I was required to give a 90 day notice before I left,thats why I'm still with my sponsoring employer).

Now I have heard some places that it makes good sense to stick with your sponsoring employer for 6 months to a year to prove that there was intent to be employed on a full time basis. I've already resigned,I should be celebrating but.......

I need advice before I go nuts(Case approved ONline too BTW so this is real)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
vishy71 , best congrats.

I would suggest you to stick with the current employer to ensure intent, then leave them by following all formalities , just to be in a safe side.

Where did you file ?

TCS/E1
RD 09/03/03-I-140
RD 11/10/03-I 485
AD -waiting

Record Time

I really don't want to,I really don't think I can becuase a new fella has been hired to replace me already.....

What obscenities??

If you mean I'm making things up and just trying toget an opinion,I'm not,this is true,and yes with the Texas Service Center
A long thread on the topic seems to suggest it doesn't matter whether you leave in one day after the GC was approved or one year after......

Any ideas people????

Last edited by a moderator:
vishy71 said:
If you mean I'm making things up and just trying toget an opinion, I'm not, this is true...

I believe the obscenity reference was to your use of f*** in the last paragraph of your first post, not the content of your post.

Stay in dude

Feel lucky that your case was done in such a short time and have not been waiting like the majority. Only six months!!

Put things into perspective:
1. My I-485 waiting since Jan-03, and I also need to do the 6 months after
2. It took the Red Sox 86 years to win the "world" series.

I know, the ducking process sux, but trust me, you're on the right side.

yes- celebrate and don't grumble

I cannot belive you are complaining about your approval- many people have weaited much longer and been in bad situations- you are very lucky. If your luck follows, it seems you could probably do whatever you want job-wise!!!!!

Follow up

So Ispoke to the lawyer and what Iwas told was that since I had a new contract way before my 485 was approved and I had resigned almost 2 and ahalf months before my 485 was approved ,I should be good to go....phew.

I am still working for the employer who did my LC,but I will be moving to a different employer in a week or so,which works out to exactly 12 days after approval of the 485.

G luck to you all.....seems like no place like Texas inmy book any way.