• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Receiving the GC I have to move me quickly??

versa2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends from the forum I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Is it possible receiving the GC or inmigration visa and continuing living in your country for a time???.

2. Can I talk about this with the consular officer the day of my interview??.

Please, I am going to be waiting for your advices.

Versa,

1. After receiving you Immigrant Visa you have six months to enter the US.

2. After entering the US you can leave again after receiving your GC and SS#, BUT you will need a re-entry permit if you intend to remain outside the US for more than 1 year.

3. DO NOT say anything to the Interviewing Officer.

Thank you Barbara:

I wouldn`t say anything in my interview, but, how long will take to receive the GC and the SS#?.

Yes, like I said before you have six months to enter the USA. Then the'll send you your GC to the address confirmed at POE. And up to you to get SS#. ALL HERE IN TH US.

Thank you Barbara:

But what does a POE means???

Point of Entry(POE) which is pretty much the airport where u went thru immigrations.

I was expecting a WELCOME TO THE U.S when i first got to the States, but it never happened.

Sorry Johnkent:

I understand what POE means but not very well because english is not my native language and I don`t understand when you write "which is pretty much the airport where u went thru immigrations".

But thank you.