Receive notice for "case transfer" to Laguna Niguel, CA after getting finger printed?

momgreencard

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

I am a citizen, my mom is applying for greencard thru AOS in New York City. Sent in application at the end of August. Received receipt in about 2 weeks. Did the finger print on October 5th in Jamaica, NY area.

At the beginning of November, I received 2 letters (one for my mom, one for me) from INS, stating that my case is being transferred to the INS office located in

California Service Center, 2nd Floor
24000 Avila Road, Laguna Niguel,
CA 92607-0111

We live in New York City, and I do not know why it would transfer my case to California... The letter for my mom has a case type of I-485. The letter to me has a case type of, I-130. Both are being transfer to the same CA location. And we did not file any address change, we just waited, and waited...etc..

Before I sent in an application - i had posted a thread about all the issues that My mom might run into --- http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=223958 (Some of you who replied might recall). I am wondering are they related? Or the transfer notice is very normal??

Since receiving those 2 transfer notice - i have not yet received any other things. Mom also applied for EAD as well - but still havent heard anything on that yet.

This is the result when I do a case status search from USCIS website.

Receipt Number: MSC0701xxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
When a case gets transferred to California, it usually means that they will adjudicate it without the need for an interview. Its quite normal for this to happen. All you can do for now is wait to hear from USCIS.

dr_lha said:
When a case gets transferred to California, it usually means that they will adjudicate it without the need for an interview. Its quite normal for this to happen. All you can do for now is wait to hear from USCIS.

Hello. Thank you for your reply.

I havent seen alot of tracker where people have their case transfer to California location. Do you know what are the average timeline after receive of the transfer notice, before they recv their green card in the mail?

Thanks.

Congrads...

Usually takes about 30-35 days after transfer to CSC for the approval notice and about 1 week for the actual plastic thereafter.

Good Luck. :cool:

Something new...

Hey Guys,

My parent's case was transfered to CSC and got the CG without interview. I kind of understand that. But a couple weeks ago my spouse's case was transfered in CSC as well. What in the god's name does this mean?!?!? Anyone knows any case like this? Is my spouse gonna get GC without interview as well?!?!?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Peace out. :cool:

hey

well my case I-130 was transferred to CSC in Sept and i still have no word from them about a month and a half ago my case went pending soo still waiting ne advice would be helpfull

Durres Special said:
Hey Guys,

My parent's case was transfered to CSC and got the CG without interview. I kind of understand that. But a couple weeks ago my spouse's case was transfered in CSC as well. What in the god's name does this mean?!?!? Anyone knows any case like this? Is my spouse gonna get GC without interview as well?!?!?

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Have you been married for less than 2 years? If so recently a lot of "conditional" 2 year green cards are being adjudicated now without interview through the CSC, its becoming very common for people on K-1s for example. The current theory is that the interview will take place when the conditions are lifted, but nobody yet knows if this is true as they only started doing this this year.

No...

dr_lha said:
Have you been married for less than 2 years? If so recently a lot of "conditional" 2 year green cards are being adjudicated now without interview through the CSC, its becoming very common for people on K-1s for example. The current theory is that the interview will take place when the conditions are lifted, but nobody yet knows if this is true as they only started doing this this year.

... I have more than 3 years married and no K visa used.

Clarify...

momgreencard said:
hi.

what do you mean by priority date? How do i find out my case's priority date?

Thanks,

What kind of I-130 did you file? I mean for which relative and what is your notice date in your NOA?

Durres Special said:
What kind of I-130 did you file? I mean for which relative and what is your notice date in your NOA?

Hi,

Umm, the I130 is for my mom - she is applying for greencard based on immediate relative is a citizen (which is me).

We sent in application in around end of aug. and got receipt at around beginning of september. (What is NOA?)

thanks.

momgreencard said:
Hi,

Umm, the I130 is for my mom - she is applying for greencard based on immediate relative is a citizen (which is me).

We sent in application in around end of aug. and got receipt at around beginning of september. (What is NOA?)

thanks.

Did you file I-485 together? NOA = Notice of Action. In your case the receipt is a NOA. If you did not file I-485, check the cut dates on the office where you sent the application.

Durres Special said:
Did you file I-485 together? NOA = Notice of Action. In your case the receipt is a NOA. If you did not file I-485, check the cut dates on the office where you sent the application.

Hi,

I filed the I-485 all together at the same time. In this case - what is the best method to check the current status?

Thanks,