Receipt notice for July filers?

cscgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I sent my mother-in-law's visitor visa extension papers to California USCIS on July 21st. Heard nothing from USCIS, checks have not been cashed and no receipt notice also.

I understand there are 1000s of applications upto August 17th, but any idea how long it takes? BTW, I had sent everything by certified mail receipt notice,even that does not show any tracking on USPS site also about delivery(since I guess it requires a signature and the mail was delivered to USCIS PO box).

Heard from anybody in similar situation in the month of July to California Service Center?

Got my receipt notice yesterday with a Receipt date of Aug 10th. I had sent the application on July 21st with the old fee. I dont know if the Post office took long time to deliver or if the USCIS because of Frontlog(described in link above) could not enter the receipt on time.

My check has been cashed and status shows as pending, if they thought the fee structure was wrong(new fees expected), would they have rejected the application even before entering in the receipt?

This is interesting as USCIS said they would honor the receipt date. Could you please post your info in thread under my signature timeline. We have a great deal of people there in the same boat as you. It will be much easier to keep track of everyone. I also added you the July-August spreed sheet. Thank you for the update.

Last edited by a moderator: