Really Need Help - Travel India

srs_568

Registered Users (C)
All,

My family went to India last month on Advance Parol and I am going to India next week. I got an e-mail from INS 'your I-485 has been approved'.

Can We ( I and my family ) come back on AP?

I heared, I-485 approved, your AP will cancelled. Now, How can I bring my family back?

Please help me.

thanks
SRS:confused:

I suggest come back on AP

Logically seeing , it is not your fault that they approved it right at this time...you are doing all things right...so I suggest coming back on AP...and let them figure out the technicalities...

Thansk! My Lawyer ...says

Thanks!

My Lawyer told me, As soone they approved I-485, your AP has been cancelled and your family can not enter in US.

IS this right?

thanks

This is what I read on a website (http://www.kkeane.com/aos-faq.shtml)-

"I used Advance Parole (or an H-1B or L-1 visa) to travel out of the US while my I-485 was pending. Now the I-485 was approved while I was out of the country. What do I need to do?

First, get the approval notice from the US. Have somebody send it. Then use the approval notice in place of the H-1B or Advance Parole document (you should still show the H-1B petition or Advance Parole document). You should in this case be granted deferred inspection. Go to the local USCIS office with your approval notice for final processing."

I have Approve AP..

Thanks,
We have approved AP. When my family went to India,that time we have approved AP. Now I-485 approved yesterday.

Now My laywer told, They can not come back on AP because I-485 approved and INS has cancelled AP.

I am not sure, What should I do?

thanks

Should I call USCIS ...

Should I call USCIS and confirm, what should I do in this suitation?

thanks

From Murthy.com -

Can I Travel While I-485 is Pending?
©MurthyDotCom
Given the unpredictability of processing times, it is possible for the I-485 to be approved while one is traveling abroad. Therefore, although H-1/H-4 and L-1/L-2 holders can travel without advance parole, it is best not to do so. This is particularly true for individuals who do not have valid visas in their passports. If the I-485 is approved while an individual is abroad, s/he is no longer eligible for nonimmigrant (temporary) status. The best situation is for the individual to have advance parole, which makes travel possible, and to explain the fact of approval at the Port of Entry. The worst situation is if an individual does not have advance parole and plans to obtain an H or L visa at the consulate for reentry. If the I-485 is approved while this person is abroad, s/he is not eligible for the H or L visa at the consulate. Without other documentation permitting travel, one would not be allowed to board the plane without a travel document or valid visa stamp in the passport.

Thanks You.. Got some relief..

Thanks for you.

I have a ticket for next week. What do you suggest, Should I go or cancel the ticket?

thanks
SRS

Thanks for you.

I have a ticket for next week. What do you suggest, Should I go or cancel the ticket?

thanks
SRS
I dont know why people are giving you all sort of nonsense advice.

If you can wait for your actual GC and family's take yours and their GC. Enter with GC.

If just your GC is approved, take your GC if you can.

Else you all can come back on AP.

That is why it is issued.

And fire your lawyer after you get all docs you need from him.

My Lawyer says...

I have ticket for next week(12 dec). My lawyer told, cancelled your ticket, wait for cards ( your and wife) and come back on card. My daughter got RFE, She can come on AP(that is not problem).

Now, if I don't get the card up 11 dec as I have ticket of dec 12th. Should I cancelled the ticket and wait for card or go to india, come back on AP? Any issue if I came back on AP.

thanks

why don't you wait for the friggin card till the 10th and then start the worrying??

I don't know if there is a risk,but if there is ,then a question for you. Are you really willing to create problems for your green card just to avoid canceling and rebooking your flight??

Thanks ..

Thanks for your input. I don't want to take risk at last stage of GC. I will cancel the ticket. but My Family is in india and lawyer told, They can not come on AP? I am not why?

thanks
SRS

srs_568:
Don't you now wish that they had not sent you the approval email? Instead sent the card and approval notice in snail mail?
That would have saved you the worrying.

If I was you, I would go ahead with my travel with an approved AP.

I got approval e-mail. mailed document and Card in production. So I asked lawyer, Should I go on AP, he told no, your AP cancanelled as soon as I-485 approve. So wait for card and travel on it.

is this true?

thanks
SRS

Thank you...

All,

I completed my GC journey in 5 1/2 years. Thank you every one and Rajeev Khanna for wonderful site.

Thanks
SRS

Just travel with the AP and the I-485 approval notice (sent by someone).

Every agency whether Immigration in India or airline or any transit country passport control would honor the AP.

So once you are at the US PoE they would know, or you tell them that you GC is approved.

Now they admit you provisionally and ask you to report to a Deferred Inspection Site for actual formal entry processing once your card is in your hands.

Moving your travel date would not be a good idea if you already have the I-485 approval notice, else wait for someone to send it over.

It is as simple as that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked to IO at the INFOPASS earlier this morning (DEC 10th), he categorically said that once I-485 is approved all other documents become null and void, such as AP and that entry into the US is at the discretion of the POE officer.

Which is no different than before I-485 approval with AP. Entry remains within the discretion of the POE - all the AP is, is a nice letter from the Director of a USCIS service center politely asking the POE to parole you into the US.

They can deny you entry with AP, and allow you in without it.

RealCanadian,

Can we exit the USA using AP and then re-enter the US using Green Card (that is if someone collected it and mailed it to us Abroad)

Thanks for the reply.

Which is no different than before I-485 approval with AP. Entry remains within the discretion of the POE - all the AP is, is a nice letter from the Director of a USCIS service center politely asking the POE to parole you into the US.

They can deny you entry with AP, and allow you in without it.