Really confused about N400 Part 4 - Info about residence

AshleyAmber

So here is the deal:
I go to college about 500 miles away from where my family lives, in the same state.
I visit back home every summer and every holidays like thanksgiving, christmas etc.
For the first year I lived in the campus dorms, second year in an apartment close to campus.

Now, should I list those college addresses on my n400? I am financially dependent on my family.

I have always used my family's address as my permanent address in other forms like school forms etc.
It gets really confusing while filling out the n400, especially with the dates because I spent the summers and winter holidays at my home with my family.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Seriously?

"I have always used my family's address as my permanent address in other forms like school forms etc."

Ooooookaaaaaay

So what's your question?

You ought to list all your addresses of where you lived, including the university addresses, but you can choose to file either in your school or your parents' district. This won't be a problem.

You ought to list all your addresses of where you lived, including the university addresses, but you can choose to file either in your school or your parents' district. This won't be a problem.

Yes you are right I have to list all addresses. I also didn't file AR-11 for my university addresses, you think that's gonna be a problem? Plus how are these address dates supposed to work out since I spend summers are my home with family. Do I have multiple entries of that address with different dates?

I guess. You could also just fill in the school addresses and mention at the interview that you went back to your parents' for holidays. They will make notes. I don't think it's too much of a worry. The AR11 is really just so they can contact you. If they can contact you at your parents', you're fine. They don't really pay attention to how often you filed it.

Are you filing using this with your university district office, or your parents'?

I guess. You could also just fill in the school addresses and mention at the interview that you went back to your parents' for holidays. They will make notes. I don't think it's too much of a worry. The AR11 is really just so they can contact you. If they can contact you at your parents', you're fine. They don't really pay attention to how often you filed it.

Are you filing using this with your university district office, or your parents'?

I'll be filing with my parents' office, but I think I should just do it at my school ones so that I dont have to fly for fingerprinting or interview. Just not sure because I might be back home.
How many days after from filing does fingerprinting happen and how many days after is the actual interview? Any ideas?
Thanks

Fingerprinting can often be done in a different center, especially if you explain that you're for holidays or university. It usually takes about a month to get the notice.