Ready to apply. All the Subject Matter Experts please advice if I am doing it right.

wannabeusa

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

It’s about time for me to apply. I am Marriage Based 3 years Rule. I would like to confirm with all the subject Matter Experts before I do so. Please let me know if I am missing anything or might run into any troubles.

Green Card issued: 3/10/2007
Submitting N-400: 12/11/2009 – Any issues with submitting on this date?

Sending following papers:

1.N-400 Application.
2.Attachment Listing Traffic Tickets.
3,Court letters showing traffic tickets were paid and cases were dismissed.
4.Personal Check
5.Copy of PR
6,Copy of Wife’s Birth Certificate
7.Copy of Marriage Certificate.
8.Copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate.
9.Copy of Tax Account Transcripts for last 5 years and copy of Tax return transcripts for last 3 years (Got both just in case)
10.Status letter from Selective Service
11.Proof of living together and marriage: Copy of our drivers license, Apartment leases since we are married, Car insurance showing both of us as drivers, 2 joint Auto financing documents, Health Insurance showing my wife as dependent, Medical Bills, Boarding passes showing our travel together on vacations, Joint Bank Statements

Issue # 1:

I have total 5 speeding tickets and one ticket about not carrying current auto insurance and one for expired Registration sticker. I showed proof of current Auto Insurance and proof of Registration in court and those were dismissed upon paying court fees.

I have all the proof of payment and court issued letters. Letters certify that the cases were dismissed due to successful Driving Safety Courses and paid court fees and fines.

I checked “Yes” to” Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained” question. I am sending all the proofs of all tickets along with the N-400 applications.

Will I have any issue with having too many tickets? Or is it normal to have these many tickets in last 10 years?

Why were you cited? Date Cited Outcome of the citation
1. Speeding XX/XX/2008 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
2. Speeding XX/XX/2006 Paid fine of $173, Case Dismissed
3. Speeding XX/XX/2006 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
4. Speeding XX/XX/2004 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
5. Speeding XX/XX/2002 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed

6. Not carrying current copy of the Insurance on XX/XX/2004. Paid the court fee and presented the current copy of Insurance to dismiss the case.

7. Expired Registration sticker on the windshield on XX/XX/2003.Paid the court fee and Showed the proof of Registration and case dismissed.

Issue# 2:

There were some papers like I-20, SSN, and Federal Tax Returns where part of my Middle Name got merged with my Last Name. I corrected it long back and I did not mention them on I-485, I-751 forms since it was not really “Other Name Used”. However, mentioning them on N-400 as “Other Name Used”.

I would really appreciate if some “Subject Matter Experts” can put some light on my preparations and issues. Sorry for the long and boring post.

Hey Guys,

It’s about time for me to apply. I am Marriage Based 3 years Rule. I would like to confirm with all the subject Matter Experts before I do so. Please let me know if I am missing anything or might run into any troubles.

Shoould be OK because though there are 31 days in Dec and Jan but only
28 days in February. This also assume you married your spouse
before 12/11/2006. 90-day rule is for Greend card anniversary but not
for wedding anniversary

Shoould be OK because though there are 31 days in Dec and Jan but only
28 days in February. This also assume you married your spouse
before 12/11/2006. 90-day rule is for Greend card anniversary but not
for wedding anniversary

Thanks WBH. Yes we are married for almost 4 years now.

Which DO are you in? I have seen people in NY area getting a hard time re traffic tickets.

Boarding passes - I never thought of this before. Good one. Looks like you are prepared.

Hey Guys,

Sending following papers:

1.N-400 Application.
3,Court letters showing traffic tickets were paid and cases were dismissed.
4.Personal Check
5.Copy of PR
9.Copy of Tax Account Transcripts for last 5 years and copy of Tax return transcripts for last 3 years (Got both just in case)
11.Proof of living together and marriage: Copy of our drivers license, Apartment leases since we are married, Car insurance showing both of us as drivers, 2 joint Auto financing documents, Health Insurance showing my wife as dependent, Medical Bills, Boarding passes showing our travel together on vacations, Joint Bank Statements

Issue # 1:

I have total 5 speeding tickets and one ticket about not carrying current auto insurance and one for expired Registration sticker. I showed proof of current Auto Insurance and proof of Registration in court and those were dismissed upon paying court fees.

I have all the proof of payment and court issued letters. Letters certify that the cases were dismissed due to successful Driving Safety Courses and paid court fees and fines.

I checked “Yes” to” Have you ever been arrested, cited, or detained” question. I am sending all the proofs of all tickets along with the N-400 applications.

Will I have any issue with having too many tickets? Or is it normal to have these many tickets in last 10 years?

Why were you cited? Date Cited Outcome of the citation
1. Speeding XX/XX/2008 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
2. Speeding XX/XX/2006 Paid fine of $173, Case Dismissed
3. Speeding XX/XX/2006 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
4. Speeding XX/XX/2004 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed
5. Speeding XX/XX/2002 Defensive Driving, Case Dismissed

6. Not carrying current copy of the Insurance on XX/XX/2004. Paid the court fee and presented the current copy of Insurance to dismiss the case.

7. Expired Registration sticker on the windshield on XX/XX/2003.Paid the court fee and Showed the proof of Registration and case dismissed.

Issue# 2:

There were some papers like I-20, SSN, and Federal Tax Returns where part of my Middle Name got merged with my Last Name. I corrected it long back and I did not mention them on I-485, I-751 forms since it was not really “Other Name Used”. However, mentioning them on N-400 as “Other Name Used”.

I would really appreciate if some “Subject Matter Experts” can put some light on my preparations and issues. Sorry for the long and boring post.

Send the copy of court certified disposition or fee paid receipt with N400. take the originals of court certified dispositions at the time of Interview.

Send the copy of court certified disposition or fee paid receipt with N400. take the originals of court certified dispositions at the time of Interview.

Thanks ginnu... I'm doing that ..even though all of them are under $500.. and not DUI or drug related. Hope 5 speeding tickets in 10 years are not sign of poor moral character to my future IO.. ☺

Thanks ginnu... I'm doing that ..even though all of them are under $500.. and not DUI or drug related. Hope 5 speeding tickets in 10 years are not sign of poor moral character to my future IO.. ☺

1.N-400 Application.
3, Copy of Court letters showing traffic tickets were paid and cases were dismissed.
4.Personal Check
*** 2 Photographs
5.Copy of PR Card Both sides

**** with N400 only send:
N400 form, Fee check, 2 Photographs, GC copy front and back, you can write on cover letter that you are also attaching copy of court certified dispositions for Traffic citations and fine paid. Other documents should be taken at the time of Interview.

1.N-400 Application.
3, Copy of Court letters showing traffic tickets were paid and cases were dismissed.
4.Personal Check
*** 2 Photographs
5.Copy of PR Card Both sides

**** with N400 only send:
N400 form, Fee check, 2 Photographs, GC copy front and back, you can write on cover letter that you are also attaching copy of court certified dispositions for Traffic citations and fine paid. Other documents should be taken at the time of Interview.

Thanks again Ginnu. Yeah copy of Court papers and photos.. awesome..

Shouldn't be an issue. Besides, what's done is done. Its not like the tickets can be made to vanish - but again, it shouldn't be an issue.

Re: Name mangling in official documents. Beginning with my I-20 :eek: I found at least 3 variations of my FIRST name... One is the formal / informal version (i.e. Jim and James) and the other two were transliteration issues (my native language -> English can be done either phonetically or visually) By the time I got a GC this was straightened out. In the N-400 I added all these variations of the spelling, and also when doing FP's there was a form you fill at the DO, I added them there as well.

Is defensive driving same as reckless driving?

You can get permission from the court to take a Driving Safety Course in lieu of fine. It’s commonly called Defensive Driving. After completing Driving Safety Course, you can ask court to dismiss your ticket and the offence doesn’t get reported to your Driving Record. It helps you to lower your Auto Insurance rate as well. However, you cannot request it if you were driving 25 miles over the limit (Reckless Driving).

I believe the Dallas DO is one of the faster offices at the moment and they also typically offer same-day oath (at least if your interview is early in the day). Therefore you may want to consider delaying your application by a few weeks so that you don't end up in the situation of having an interview date before 3/10/2010.

This is a great post. I double checked my list of items and other than the traffic tickets, I have submitted everything. For my traffic tickets, I took defensive driving and/or defferred jurisdication so I believe I should be good.

Now, my issue is that I mailed my application to the Lewisville, TX address. It is a PO box. USPS mail tracker shows as follows. Any idea where my mail was forwarded or did any of you see the forward message? I know that the address and zip code was correct on my envelope.

***********USPS MAIL TRACKER STATUS***************
Your item was forwarded to a different address at 1:29 PM on December 5, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75029. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Forwarded, December 05, 2009, 1:29 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX
Arrival at Unit, December 05, 2009, 1:13 pm, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Acceptance, December 04, 2009, 9:23 am, PLANO, TX 75025

Bobsmyth, thanks but the problem is, it has not been accepted by USCIS yet. The accepted notice you see in my post is the acceptance at the post office.

Bobsmyth, thanks but the problem is, it has not been accepted by USCIS yet. The accepted notice you see in my post is the acceptance at the post office.

The "arrival at unit" message shows that it was delivered. This is a standard message with USPS delivery confirmation for the Texas PO Box.

What address did you use?

Oh now that makes sense. I thought USCIS had a forwarded address setup.

I mailed my application to

USCIS
P.O. Box 299026
Lewisville, TX 75029

You used the correct address and it shows arrival at unit so you're fine. Your check should be cashed any day now.