re:marriage certificate for interview

lexis300

Registered Users (C)
SO my interview is next month and trying to get my documents ready. On my interview notice, it states that I bring a certified copy of my marriage document. I already have my marriage certificate should I still get a certified copy of my marriage or is my original marriage certificate fine?

Hi

The Official Marriage Certificate is issued by the City Hall. It is usually a photocopy of the original one they keep on file and they stamp it so it is certified. Be carefull do not bring only your church one. It does not mean anything to the USCIS.
Peace out.:cool:

Go Get A Marriage Certificate

Hi,

Not sure which one you have but GO GET ONE FROM YOU CITY HALL....

I brought my MC that our Reven had given us with a certified seal. I used this to change my drivers license, my social security number all my stuff to my married name..

WELL................We go for the interview and don't you know IT'S NOT ACCEPTED by the officer conducting our interview....he checked with his supervisor and NO...no accepted....Approved pending MC....so I was given a sheet with instructions to get one from city hall and mail it...I then went to city hall the next day and picked one up and personally delivered it to the Immigration builiding :D .....then I never got any notices of approvla or anything.....

I then had to make a Infopass appointment to check the status....I was told when you are missing any documents during an interview, your file is placed in a draw and is either picked up by your officer or another at there discretion...she told me I can bring it to his attention, made a copy of the sheet I was given and THANK GOD...he did the process for us that same day and THANK GOD...my husband got his PR card already...

The funny part was the infopass lady told me that my MC was acceptable but each officer has its set ways :rolleyes:

Sorry long story, but to avoid more wasted time and more nerves and stressness...get everything orginal.

Good luck..

my marriage certificate is from the county of L.A. registrar- rocorder/ county clerk. So I guess get a certified copy. .

sorry, so...just let me double check.
The Marriage certificate directly send from city hall to us after the wedding is ok right?
so...what I did is: go to city hall 3 days before the wedding, paid and request the marriage license.
After the wedding, best man and maid of honor signed and the officiant signed as well and send back to city hall.
And city hall send a stamped marriage certificate in a seal envelop back to us.

That marriage certificate is the one I should bring to the interview right?

sorry, so...just let me double check.
The Marriage certificate directly send from city hall to us after the wedding is ok right?
so...what I did is: go to city hall 3 days before the wedding, paid and request the marriage license.
After the wedding, best man and maid of honor signed and the officiant signed as well and send back to city hall.
And city hall send a stamped marriage certificate in a seal envelop back to us.

That marriage certificate is the one I should bring to the interview right?

Exactly the same one I got from the city hall. But if the letter states I should bring certified copy might as well go get a certified copy.

Well I guess the one from the registrar is the copy thats needed. Came back from the registrar and they gave me the same one I have. So I guess I have two copies of it now.