Re-filing N-400 – need help.

N400TriState

Registered Users (C)
Many of you have seen my “early N-400 due to error on GC post”, now I am about to re-file in the next couple of days, having a question about fees. Since FBI had me fingerprinted less then 15 months ago, do I need to include $70 for their service or simply $330 for USCIS services? If I need to pay FBI once again, but my fingerprints are less then 15 months old, would I still get a letter from CIS with FP appointment or it will be only interview notice?

Thanks a lot!!!

N400TriState said:
Many of you have seen my “early N-400 due to error on GC post”, now I am about to re-file in the next couple of days, having a question about fees. Since FBI had me fingerprinted less then 15 months ago, do I need to include $70 for their service or simply $330 for USCIS services? If I need to pay FBI once again, but my fingerprints are less then 15 months old, would I still get a letter from CIS with FP appointment or it will be only interview notice?

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm not 100% sure but the way I know CIS, I believe you have to send another $400, and start all over again, new FP, all nine yards...

Suzy977 said:
I'm not 100% sure but the way I know CIS, I believe you have to send another $400, and start all over again, new FP, all nine yards...

Thanks Suzy!

Do I need to send 2 checks - one for FBI, one for CIS or one check in the amount of $400 to Homeland Security?

Also, if I traveled for 14 days during 5 year GC period, do I need to wait extra 14 days before applying or it shouldn't really matter?

tnx!

Yar N400,
All your questions are answered in the "Guide to naturalisation" M-476.
Auotes from there:
"You must pay your your application fee (and fingerprinting fee, unless you are 75 years old or older) ... You may pay for both the application and fingerprinting fee with a single check ..."
So, pay that 400 $ in a single check.

Also another section from the same guide, addresses your particular case where your application is denied and you reapply
"If you reapply, you will need to complete and resubmit a new N-400 and pay the fee again. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photographs taken again. If your application is denied, the denial letter should indicate the date you may reapply for citizenship."
So that explicitly states that you will be fingerprinted again => the 70 $ fee is required.
It also answers when you can reapply, as it will be mentioned in your denial letter.

And no, you dont have to wait 14 days if you go on trips of 14 days out of US.

suriyan said:
Yar N400,
All your questions are answered in the "Guide to naturalisation" M-476.
Auotes from there:
"You must pay your your application fee (and fingerprinting fee, unless you are 75 years old or older) ... You may pay for both the application and fingerprinting fee with a single check ..."
So, pay that 400 $ in a single check.

Also another section from the same guide, addresses your particular case where your application is denied and you reapply
"If you reapply, you will need to complete and resubmit a new N-400 and pay the fee again. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photographs taken again. If your application is denied, the denial letter should indicate the date you may reapply for citizenship."
So that explicitly states that you will be fingerprinted again => the 70 $ fee is required.
It also answers when you can reapply, as it will be mentioned in your denial letter.

And no, you dont have to wait 14 days if you go on trips of 14 days out of US.

Good and detailed answer. That's what one would expect from this forum.

Thank you.