1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified as soon as the recording is posted.

Re-entry after 8 months? Please help!

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by abdul84, Apr 25, 2013.

1. abdul84

abdul84 New Member

So I'm a DV2013 winner, got my visa (which expires in May) and I am about to enter the US as an immigrant, and will stay for about a little over a month then return home. My understanding is that I need to go back to the US within 6 months and start a permanent life there.

The problem is, due to being bound by a business contract in my country, I must remain in there until February 2014, which means when I renter I will have spent a total of 8 months outside the US. Unfortunately, traveling back & forth during this period is not an option.

I thought about requesting a re-entry permit, but on the form it actually says that you don't need one if you'll be away for less than a year. Will I be at risk of being refused entry? What would you recommend I do?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

2. Princedriss

Princedriss Registered Users (C)

no just apply for rentry permit , u will not have no problem at all