Re-apply for Asylum

LolaLi

Hi all,

I have a friend of mine who was denied asylum by IO and by an immigration judge. My friend appealed to the BIA and after a long wait (4 years) , the BIA sent her a letter saying that she is eligible for TPS (temp. protective status) and they'll administratevly close her case. Do u guys know if she could apply for asylum again? anyone been through this situation before?

Thanks in advance

Hi
I was in same situation.
I was in asylum proces,than in same time I was eligible for TPS,
but as soom as TPS expires everything goes back to normal like was before(TPS) this could be very tricky.
After TPS expires you must have some status,you must be protected, you must file to Board of appeal, or do something like that . Yes i do have experience about this things.
If country conditions change than they will ask you to go back ,
so you must do something before that.
I wish you good luck.
care2much

My friend came as a visitor and applied for TPS while on a visitor visa..then applied for Asylum...

Well as long as he is doing something ,and not counting on TPS only.
I heard some stories that one of my friends brother, he got very comfortable and after TPS expired hi got back in illegal status, and still waiting that his lawyer do something...
Good luck.
And it's beter to spend some money now than , save it, because later will cost much more and waist time, and will be harder for good lawyer to fix it.
Good luck.