Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Hi Guys

Just like to say thank you all for the posted information on this website and the help and understanding it has given me of the naturalization process.

For those of you who are anxious over time lines from interview date to oath ceremony at Durham, I can share with you my experience.

I went to my naturalization interview on 1/28/2009 and I received my notice of oath ceremony today (2/21/2009) in the mail with the ceremony date of 3/16/2009, the letter was mailed on 2/17/2009.

This goes very much in line with a client of mine who went for her interview on 1/18/2009 and received her letter on 2/16/2009 with a 3/9/2009 oath ceremony.

A question? Can my wife bring a camera to take photographs after the ceremony in the building.

Regards

Degsey

Congratulations Degsey,

What time is your client's oath on the 9th?

I am taking my oath at 9.30am and I am waiting very nervously until that time arrives.

I am very aware that I do not want any traffic tickets in these next few days and I just want the time to pass quickly and quietly so that I can take my oath and then journey into this next new era of my life.

I have been extremely fortunate that I have not had the obstacles that some of the contributors have suffered, and that from my first experience of entering this country until now has been very good indeed.

I will enter a time line of whats happened to me shortly and I look forward meeting up with the other contributors who will be with me at the oath ceremony on the 16th March at Durham (perhaps we should all wear a red rose to recognize each other LOL)

Thanks and good fortune to those of you who are waiting for which ever part of the process you are at to eventually gain US citizenship.

Degsey

my ceremony is also at 9:30. well it says in the letter to be there at 9:30. does anyone know when does the actual ceremony start? so the guests dont have to arrive too early and wait there.

Thanks NC girl. yours is also approaching quickly.
Finally, the day is here and I can not wait to get it over.
I will post the details afterwards.
After over 12 years in this country, finally my journey is coming to a final conclusion. I hope things will turn the right way.
keep up the good work guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
just to tell you that I had my interview today. very smooth and peacfull one!!
I had to wait for over three hrs for my interview. once called it took 15-20 min. I have not been asked any supporting evidence at all. just the six basic questions and then englsht proficiency exam. I am now waiting for the oath letter. I met one of the nicest officers today. very calm, comforting and he was very polite. I knew it will be good from the begining.
good luck to everyone.

Guys, I apologize for not reporting on time.
My swearing in Ceremony went on smoothly. Was out of there before 3. There was a 30 min delay to start as people were taking photos. It was a humbling experience.
I went straight to the Post Office and applied for my PP.
Good Luck to everyone going through the process.

Peace!

N-400-Question on being placed in queue for an interview

Bobsmyth,

Last time I talked to the IO, he said Congratulations, your file has been
placed in queue on January 30th for the interview. It does mean that FP and
name check have been cleared/completed.

Is it not?

Bobsmyth,

Last time I talked to the IO, he said Congratulations, your file has been
placed in queue on January 30th for the interview. It does mean that FP and
name check have been cleared/completed.

Is it not?

Yes, that is correct. If you have confirmed that you are in queue for an oath it means your name check and FP have been cleared/completed.

Hello everyone,
just to tell you that I had my interview today. very smooth and peacfull one!!
I had to wait for over three hrs for my interview. once called it took 15-20 min. I have not been asked any supporting evidence at all. just the six basic questions and then englsht proficiency exam. I am now waiting for the oath letter. I met one of the nicest officers today. very calm, comforting and he was very polite. I knew it will be good from the begining.
good luck to everyone.

Congratulations qsheba!!!

I am glad it went very well.I knew it would.

Hey Ncgirl and everyone,
the interesting thing is there were probably about 20 individuals in the waiting room but the process was painfully slow. the sweet thing is the actual interview was very very nice and quick.
as a surprise, two days in to my interview, I received a letter for Oath!!
I am now scheduled for March the 18th at 9:40am.
good luck guys.

Hey Ncgirl and everyone,
the interesting thing is there were probably about 20 individuals in the waiting room but the process was painfully slow. the sweet thing is the actual interview was very very nice and quick.
as a surprise, two days in to my interview, I received a letter for Oath!!
I am now scheduled for March the 18th at 9:40am.
good luck guys.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!Nice!!!Congrats!!

Had my interview today and it went really well.I got there at 9.30am,for my 9.40am appointment.I was called in at 10.30 by a very nice and polite officer.He went through my application form to make sure everything was correct and updated.He asked me to write some words in english that he dictated and then asked me to read a written sentence.He asked me civics questions,after I got the first 6 correct he said congratulations you have passed.I signed the form and my photos.

After this was concluded,I told him my FP would expire in three days.He gave me a letter to go downstairs and have them taken,to be on the safe side since no oath was coming up before the current ones expired.

I left there at 1.30pm after my FP were taken.

I now wait for the oath letter.

Thanks guys!!!

Ncgirl,
congratulations!
I knew it will be smooth but nothing like having it done!!!
If my case is to be a standard, you will get your oath letter soon.
go and enjoy. it is all done now!!!
congra!!

KONG-RATS, qsheba

hey ncgirl and everyone,
the interesting thing is there were probably about 20 individuals in the waiting room but the process was painfully slow. The sweet thing is the actual interview was very very nice and quick.
As a surprise, two days in to my interview, i received a letter for oath!!
I am now scheduled for march the 18th at 9:40am.
Good luck guys.

Hi guys,
I have my oath ceremony at the Raleigh courthouse this Friday, March 13 at 9.30 a.m. Has anyone had experience with a judge-led ceremony? Are there any restrictions in terms of guests, pictures and video?

I received a yellow letter today containing the checklist of required documents and only the state issued identification card is checked in it.

Does this mean that I am going to receive an interview letter soon?