Questions G325 A

docnaveed

Registered Users (C)
Hi I am applying for GC for my parents while they are visiting USA on B2. I am going to file both I 130 and i 485 simultaneously. I had a few questions regarding the biographics form.

1) Do I need to file 4 copies of G-325 Biographic information sheet for each of my parent.
2) Do I need to file form a G-325 for myself as well? Do I need to send my pictures as well.
I did not see this on any of the instructions but it is mentioned on a few forums (circa 2006 to 2008) and also in one of the cover letters that G-325 A for both petitioner and beneficiary.
3)If i do need to fill out G 325 for myself as well what should I mark in the part "This form is submitted in connection with an application for , naturalization, status as perminent resident or Other). My guess would be other and then hand write on the form in connection with parents green card.

docnaveed
G-325A filled, signed & 4 copies for petitioner and beneficiary, no photos required if USC filing for parents
for G-325A submitted for yourself you can mark other and write
"Parent I-130"

So you are saying
4 copies signed by mother
4 copies signed by father
8 copies signed by me 4 each for mother and father.
???

thats the confusion I have too...I think in past years the original form had 4 copies to be signed and even if you downloaded it, adobe automaticaly filled out 4 copies (perhaps 2006 to 2008 era) however now there is only one form that prints out and adobe doesnt make 4 copies either. No where in the new instructions have I seen that there should be 4 copies, however a lot of forums keep suggesting 4 copies. Then I also read in the forums that the sponsor should also send his G 325 A with his details etc for each of the beneficiary along with 4 photographs (again no mention in USCIS instructions). Is there a difference between coucellor processing abroad and if somebody is applying while parents still in USA.
Can any of the experienced folks clear this up and tell me exactly what I need to do?

I'm sorry Im not able to advise you on sponsor sending G325A etc as Im only well versed in spousal applications.
Though I am pretty confident on the whole 1 copy versus 4 copy issue. Before (when I was applying) it used to be that 4 copies was needed, however just recently (June or July I believe) the form structure changed and now only 1 copy is needed (as per USCIS instructions).

So you are saying
4 copies signed by mother
4 copies signed by father
8 copies signed by me 4 each for mother and father.
???

you need 4 copies by mother in I-130 plus photo
4 copies by mother in I-485 plus photo

you need 4 copies by father in 1-130 plus photo
4 copies by father in I-485 plus photo

and 4 copies by you in I-130 (4 copies for your father) (4 copies for your mother) plus photo.

there's a new type of the form G-325A. It's available in the uscis.gov

hope it works out for you!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
you need 4 copies by mother in I-130 plus photo
4 copies by mother in I-485 plus photo

you need 4 copies by father in 1-130 plus photo
4 copies by father in I-485 plus photo

and 4 copies by you in I-130 plus photo.

there's a new type of the form G-325A. It's available in the uscis.gov

hope it works out for you!:)

Can you state where on the USCIS instructions it states that 4 copies are needed.

Can you state where on the USCIS instructions it states that 4 copies are needed.

yeaH!

If you are using a newer version of the G-325A it may only contain one page for "Biographic Information". Be sure to make four copies of the completed "Biographic Information" page to submit with the package.

I can't post a link here due to the fact that I need to post at least 15 post to be able to post a link!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Now for I-130 I did not know that I had to file G-325A for parents as well. I thought it was only for a spouse. following is copy/pasted from I-130 instructions

A mother: Submit a copy of your birth certificate showing your name and your mother's name.
A father: Submit a copy of your birth certificate showing the names of both parents. Also give a copy of your parents' marriage certificate establishing that your father was married to your mother before you were born, and copies of documents showing that any prior marriages of either your father or mother were legally terminated. If you are filing for a stepparent or adoptive parent, or if you are filing for your father and were not legitimated before your 18th birthday, also see 4, 8, and 9.

Checklist
Did you answer each question on the Form I-130 petition?
Did you sign and date the petition?
Did you enclose the correct filing fee for each petition?
Did you submit proof of your U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residence?
Did you submit other required supporting evidence?
If you are filing for your husband or wife, did you include:
His or her photograph?
Your completed Form G-325A?
His or her Form G-325A?

So no mention of G-325A for parents along with I-130.
I do not have a problem with making extra copies and signing all of them, its just that I want to be clear on this issue.