Questions about mailing and e-filing TN extension

dalewz

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I plan to get my TN Extension by mail or e-filing, but i have some questions:

By E-filing:
1. should i or my HR manager login and fill in i-129 form? If I login and fill the form, will the system allow me to print it so my HR manager can sign it?
2. it seems i need to mail the petition letter, my degree copy, resume, receipt of e-filing? anything else like i-129 and i-129 supplement?

By Mail:
1. what docs do i need to mail?
a. i-129 (hr manager signs)
b. i-129 supplement for TN
c. my degree copy
d. resume
e. petition letter (hr manager signs)

anything else?

Thanks. -Dale

If you e-file the I-129, you do not send in a paper copy of it, just the supporting docs.

You can e-file and pay your self, but the firm needs to provide letter.

If you have a degree, there is no need to send resume, as experience is not required. in fact there is never a need to send resume: you got the job. If you need to prove expereince, letters are needed not resume.

Thanks, Nelsona. Very helpful.

If I e-file i-129, i will login and fill in the form. should i use my address for uscis to contact me or need to go through our HR to get uscis mails?

good to know they do not need my resume.

I read a lot posts here. Nelsona's reply is most professional, which makes me wonder if Nelsona is a lawyer from GOV to help us?

After reviewing the i-129, i got a few more questions:

1. how do i answer the part 4, Q9 "have you ever previously filed a petition for this person?" my current employer only gave me a petition letter 8 months ago for me to get my current TN at POE. Should I say yes? in the past, this question is for immigration petition, so the answer was NO.

if yes, how do i explain it on separate paper?

2. if e-filing, how does my hr manager sign part 6?

3. if e-filing, how does my hr manager sign part 2 of supplement to Form I-129?

i am thinking to mail the package to make this simpler.

Thanks, -Dale

1. A TN letter you took to the border is NOT a petition is this sense.

2 and 3 will become obvious as you proceed.

If you want simple, let someone else do it, or go to the border.