Questions about interview letter

myjuls

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My questions are for those who have already gotten their interview letters.

1. Do they (CIS ) update " case status " when they send an interview letter?

2. What's the usual time period between the date of the letter and the interview itself ?

Thanks.

myjuls said:
Hi all,

In my case they didn't update anything. The online message is still the first one, when they received my application. I never received any e-mail, either.

2. What's the usual time period between the date of the letter and the interview itself ?

My timeline : interview letter made 23 December, received 31st December,
interview itself March 9th.
Usually 2 months before, right?
Thanks.

myjuls said:
Hi all,

Mine did not update. It still shows that the RFE was received by USCIS and it would take 120 days to process
I got my letter Nov 22 and my interview is tomorrow. So i guess on an average you have 8-12 weeks between the letter and the interview.

Thanks.

My letter is dated on Jan 3rd 2006. I received it on Jan 9th. The interview is set for March 23rd.

USCIS has not updated my case online since June, saying they got my fingerprints and biometrics, so they were to resume my case.

my interview letter says " REQUEST TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW"
is it something standard or it means that USCIS plans to ask for second interview

myjuls said:

Mine wasn't updated, there was an LUD though.
myjuls said:

My letter was dated Oct 26th and the interview was on Dec 5th. So the wait was approximately one month and 10 days.

ashahm said:
my interview letter says " REQUEST TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW"
is it something standard or it means that USCIS plans to ask for second interview

No it's just a standard thing.

never mind, that,s how it is now, they give enough time to get ready for the interview,and usually is 1 to 2 months before the interview, and INITIAL INTERVIEW is what is on the letter but in most cases it gets approved if only the officer is satisfied with the proof of bonafide marriage. good luck