Question

Murad312

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys
Quick question, I am going to have my interview soon. I know the schedule of naturalization ceremonies in my city as it is posted on the gov website. There are couple of them scheduled next day/and with in one week from my interview date. Would it be inappropriate to ask the immigration officer to schedule me for the oath next day or within a week knowing the schedule and sharing the schedule dates with him, granting I pass the interview? On the other hand, should I not make that request?
Thanks

Hi Guys
Quick question, I am going to have my interview soon. I know the schedule of naturalization ceremonies in my city as it is posted on the gov website. There are couple of them scheduled next day/and with in one week from my interview date. Would it be inappropriate to ask the immigration officer to schedule me for the oath next day or within a week knowing the schedule and sharing the schedule dates with him, granting I pass the interview? On the other hand, should I not make that request?
Thanks

The IO can only give you "recommended for approval" result and it still need
their supervisor for final approval. Even if the supervisor's approval is just a matter of formality in straght forward case but it is till needed. And there must be a queue for their supervisor to make final approval and the supervisor
can be sick, take vacatrion etc. So your request is not likely to be granted
unless they already issue next day or next week oath as routine in your DO even if you do not make such a request.

But I don't think there is any harm if you ask

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to ask. Some IO might grant the request some will ignore it. If you don't have a good reason it would be better not to waste your time or the IO's time :)

Would it be inappropriate to ask the immigration officer to schedule me for the oath next day or within a week knowing the schedule and sharing the schedule dates with him, granting I pass the interview?

After you have passed your interview, you should feel free to ask the IO about the possibility of an oath date in the coming days or next day. You have nothing to lose by asking and you may gain something by informing the IO of something the IO is not aware of. I would perhaps hesitate to shove a pre-printed schedule in the IO's face, but asking gently couldn't hurt. :)