Question related to PCC from Canada

Zaye

Registered Users (C)
My wife lived in Canada for three years. For the first two months of her residence she was unmarried and therefore under her maiden name. The remainder of her stay in Canada (2yrs 10 months) was under her married name.

We just obtained a "name check" certificate for her from the RCMP. However, this certificate only has her married name. I don't believe the certificate lists any dates on it. It simply states that there are no records for the person of this name uptil the date of issue of the certificate.

My question is: Do I need to get a second certificate from RCMP with her maiden name?

In the DS-230 forms, her periods of residence in Canada are clearly listed. Is it likely that the officer during CP interview will note that she was living in Canada for 2 months before she got married, and will then ask for an additional police certificate with her maiden name??

I know this is slightly complicated question, but if anybody can assist us, I would be very grateful.

THanks.

Let me try to make my question simpler:

What I really want to know is that in the case of a married woman who has changed her surname - does the police certificate clearly need to state that no criminal record exists in BOTH her maiden and married name - or is it sufficient for the PCC to state her married name alone?

Thanks!

PCC from Canada

IZaye, I am not 100% sure about the answer to your question, but my wife also lived in Canada and I think her PCC will be in her maiden name. We then have a certificate of name change obtained in the U.S. This certificate shows her name change when we got married.

I have another question for the forum. It seems like the PCC from Canada is taking forever, at least 3 - 4 months. We have waited for 3 months and 2 weeks now. Does anyone in the forum have any knowledge of what the delay is right now? When we requested the PCC they said 2 months, then it went to 3, and now we are told 3-4 months. Having waited for years to get the LC, I-140, and Interview date, the PCC from Canada was the last think I expected I would have to wait for... :-(

Originally posted by Zaye
Let me try to make my question simpler:

What I really want to know is that in the case of a married woman who has changed her surname - does the police certificate clearly need to state that no criminal record exists in BOTH her maiden and married name - or is it sufficient for the PCC to state her married name alone?

Thanks!

Let us make it even simpler.

Leaving Canada out of the equation, let us say a married woman
obtains a PCC from an Indian Consulate. In this case the consulate only mentions the married name of the woman.

The above certificate obviously covers the time before the
marriage (with maiden surname) and after marriage.

This has not posed any difficulty at the interview for my wife,
nor have I heard of any cases like that from others.

To answer your question, you don't have to worry about this!
(I am only speaking about change of surname as a result of
marriage. A different rule MAY apply in case of change of name)

Raju

Originally posted by Raju595
Let us make it even simpler.

Leaving Canada out of the equation, let us say a married woman
obtains a PCC from an Indian Consulate. In this case the consulate only mentions the married name of the woman.

The above certificate obviously covers the time before the
marriage (with maiden surname) and after marriage.

This has not posed any difficulty at the interview for my wife,
nor have I heard of any cases like that from others.

To answer your question, you don't have to worry about this!
(I am only speaking about change of surname as a result of
marriage. A different rule MAY apply in case of change of name)

Raju

Thank you VERY much for your clarification Raju. As always, your input is greatly appreciated.