Question Regarding RFE

rohini83

Registered Users (C)
When you get a RFE does the account which we create online at USCIS show that a RFE has been issued or do your petitiones(lawyers) get a snail mail?

Thanks !

Hey Rohini,

In my case, it never changed. It was showing "Case Received and Pending" although my LUDs changed. My first LUD was 01/26/2007. Then after my lawyer called for a status check on 05/05/2007, my LUDs changed on 05/14 and 05/15 but the status did not change. Lawyer received the RFE on 05/22. But the status did not change until we sent back our response.

I have seen in some other forums where the status did change to "RFE Sent" or something. I was not lucky enuff to see that though.

Hope this helps.

Hi Popo,

My lawyer started an inquiry this tuesday. My LUD changed today to 08/02, but doesnt say RFE or not. Status is still same. Case received and pending. I guess nothing else to do other than wait and see :(

Wow Rohini. Thats good news. Atleast they started processing. My guess is that the LUD will change tomorrow as well. Good Luck !!!!!!

Yup It did. It changed today again but status still same. I wish they would follow a standardized procedure, like say RFE or something ...

hmmmm... now you will have to pray that it changes one more time soon .. if it does then I would guess that you are in the clear .. no RFE. Heres wishing ya good luck .. hopefully LUD will change on Mon again !!!!

No LUD change today. Guess its a RFE. This time so many masters have got rejected . Never heard of rejects after your applictaion goes through and you get a reciept number.

Hopefully, if its a RFE, its not a lengthy one like it was in my case. It took my employer and lawyer more than a month to respond. Hey but look at the brighter side. Once you respond to RFE, it takes them just few days to process your case. Don't lose hope though - Monday is still not over - I have seen the dates change mysteriously overnight as well.

No change yet. Waiting for my lawyers to get back to me if they received anything. I saw on one of the forums, one guy who is graduating in dec 07 got his H1B masters, there are also people who got two h1b's approved and here there are people like me who graduated in dec 06 with a masters degree and still havent got any reply.
If its a RFE I hope it comes soon.

Hi Rohini,

hmmm. Any change? In my case, it took a week from LUD for the lawyer to get the RFE. I agree USCIS is really wierd. My company applied for extension for myself and one other employee on the same day. The other employee's H1B got approved in 2 months while they sent RFE for my case. One would think that since I got the RFE, the RFE should have something to do with me. But nope, the RFE was requesting company details etc. Go figure !!! :rolleyes:

No popo, no use for now either from the lawyers or the immigration. My case was last updated last friday so maybe tomorrow lawyers might receive something> i am the only one in my company who is in this situation. Everyone else know a yes or a no. Another girl who graduated in may applied through masters and got her h1 in two weeks, where as I am a dec graduate and it still hasnt come...

Rfe is normal

When you get a RFE does the account which we create online at USCIS show that a RFE has been issued or do your petitiones(lawyers) get a snail mail?

Thanks !

Nowadays almost all cases get RFE. I got for my case. Once the RFE was answered it took less that 10 days to get it approved. Best of luck.

No news as of now. I got a reply to my inquiry saying, they are doing extra processing on my case. If I dont get a reply in 3 MONTHS then i should call them back.. what extra, dont know.... they should let me know one way or another.. NO RFE, No LUD change since then...