Question regarding Promotion while on H-1B

JohnThomas82

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can anyone kindly respond on the following concern please?

If a H-1B employee gets Promoted, is there a need for new LCA? There is no location change, no change in job duties, just that the person got promoted for a salary increase. Does this mean that the "Job Title" has changed relative to LCA and I-129, thus requiring a "Change of previously approved employment" kind of filing with USCIS.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Can anyone kindly respond on the following concern please?

If a H-1B employee gets Promoted, is there a need for new LCA? There is no location change, no change in job duties, just that the person got promoted for a salary increase.
--- that is OK. nothing to be filed with USCIS for salary increase.
Does this mean that the "Job Title" has changed relative to LCA and I-129, thus requiring a "Change of previously approved employment" kind of filing with USCIS.

Thank you very much.
-------

Thanks Ginnu, in addition to the salary increase, the internal designation changed as well. For instance, if it was "Programmer" earlier, it is now, "Senior Programmer Analyst". I am still performing same duties, basically in the same role / project.

Can you please confirm if it is still okay and sorry if I was unclear in my original post. Thanks much.

Thanks Ginnu, in addition to the salary increase, the internal designation changed as well. For instance, if it was "Programmer" earlier, it is now, "Senior Programmer Analyst". I am still performing same duties, basically in the same role / project.

Can you please confirm if it is still okay and sorry if I was unclear in my original post. Thanks much.

Hi Ginnu, can you kindly comment please. I appreciate your help, thank you.

------if performing same duties then Title does not matter. for more info you have your company lawyer.