Question regarding I-131 application form

RAsylee

Registered Users (C)
I have noticed they have modified the I-131 form in format and few questions. I noticed question number 3 in part 1.

This is a box that needs to be filled and title of the box is "CLASS of ADMISSION"

What needs to be filled here? meaning does class of admission refers to the method of adjustment or does it means current status? ...

For e.g. if I am an asylee who is waiting for adjustment then what is my class of admission?? do I have any...an i considered admitted at this stage?

If I am a permanent resident result of an approved asylum and approved I-485....then what is my class...

Any input or insight in this matter will be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Your class

Your class of admission is the status you had when you entered in this country, e.g; student or visitor etc.

This issue once became a hot debate on this forum. In my opinion, it means "last class of admission" with whatever class did you enter most recently, NOT when you entered,say 20 years ago. CIS does not have any interest in that, they want to know how you most recently entered this country.

RAsylee said:
I have noticed they have modified the I-131 form in format and few questions. I noticed question number 3 in part 1.

This is a box that needs to be filled and title of the box is "CLASS of ADMISSION"

What needs to be filled here? meaning does class of admission refers to the method of adjustment or does it means current status? ...

For e.g. if I am an asylee who is waiting for adjustment then what is my class of admission?? do I have any...an i considered admitted at this stage?

If I am a permanent resident result of an approved asylum and approved I-485....then what is my class...

Any input or insight in this matter will be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,
In my opinion refugee should put refugee, asylee--asylee , and green card holders-permanent resident.
Maybe im wrong , but recently i applied for RTD , and put asylee (I dont have GC yet), receive RTD without problem.Originally i enter this country on J1 visa.

Good luck!

May be or may be not..

Lazer,
So Lazer what if someone travel once a month for various reasons, what are they going to put as their answer? I don't see why USCIS would want to keep track of your ever changing class of admission. I believe, however, that they do care and want to know how did you first entered the country to establish if your entry was legal or illegal in this country. I could be wrong but this is how I always filled my application for RTD. I always put "Visitor" as my class of admission whenever I applied for my RTD because I thought "Asylee in Limbo waiting to be adjusted to PR" would be kind of odd class of admission, wouldn't you say? :) ;)

Punjabi_Munda said:
Lazer,
So Lazer what if someone travel once a month for various reasons, what are they going to put as their answer? I don't see why USCIS would want to keep track of your ever changing class of admission. I believe, however, that they do care and want to know how did you first entered the country to establish if your entry was legal or illegal in this country. I could be wrong but this is how I always filled my application for RTD. I always put "Visitor" as my class of admission whenever I applied for my RTD because I thought "Asylee in Limbo waiting to be adjusted to PR" would be kind of odd class of admission, wouldn't you say? :) ;)

Do not miss the forest for the trees. It really does not matter what you write in that box. The USCIS officer can pull up your eletronic file on her computers and see everything they have about you.

ClevelandOH said:
In my opinion refugee should put refugee, asylee--asylee , and green card holders-permanent resident.
Maybe im wrong , but recently i applied for RTD , and put asylee (I dont have GC yet), receive RTD without problem.Originally i enter this country on J1 visa.

Good luck!

I agree..put what ur class is as of now. they issue us I-94 every time we enter the country..also PR get a stamp stating "admitted until ARC" so thats waht it means.

Punjabi_Munda said:
Lazer,

This proves a point. You write "visitor" and I wrote "asylee". Basically they don't care over there.... :rolleyes: