Question on NVC letter

barryfaetheus

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I filed an I-130 for my wife (F2A) category in July 2009. At that time I indicated consular processing because she wasn't in the US. The I-130 got approved in mid August 2010, and on September 1st 2010, we filed for adjustment of status, because she is now in the US on H1B. The I-485 package has been accepted for processing and we have the receipts.

Today, I received a letter from the NVC with choice of agent and affidavit of support forms. Should I just ignore this because we have already filed for adjustment of status? That was my plan, but the NVC letter states "if the applicant intends to adjust status with USCIS, please contact the NVC before making any payments or taking further action". Any ideas what they might want? We already have taken the further action by filing AOS......

Hi,
I filed an I-130 for my wife (F2A) category in July 2009. At that time I indicated consular processing because she wasn't in the US. The I-130 got approved in mid August 2010, and on September 1st 2010, we filed for adjustment of status, because she is now in the US on H1B. The I-485 package has been accepted for processing and we have the receipts.

Today, I received a letter from the NVC with choice of agent and affidavit of support forms. Should I just ignore this because we have already filed for adjustment of status? That was my plan, but the NVC letter states "if the applicant intends to adjust status with USCIS, please contact the NVC before making any payments or taking further action". Any ideas what they might want? We already have taken the further action by filing AOS......
I guess you should call NVC and inform them you have filed I-485. Then they will take appropriate action.

I am moving my petition from NVC to CIS and the department of state just sent me a letter today saying that all I really have to do is file for AOS and then CIS will take your file from whichever consulate it was assigned to and take posession of it. I'm still going to phone NVC myself just to make sure it's being done right. That's assuming I don't hire an attorney to do it all. So anyway I'd make use of the NVC's telephone support line and chat with them about it for sure at least once.

Hi,

Please send an e-mail to NVC that the beneficiary will be filing for Adjustment of Status, good luck!!!!