Question on Medical RFE on Son's GC

Ravijx

Registered Users (C)
Hi

There is a Medical RFE on my son's case and it states that "The Medical Examination Report(Form I-693) which you submitted does not indicate a tuberculin skin test had been performed. Your medical Examination report is being returned to you at this time. You are required to return to the physician that conducted your physical examination and have a tuberculin skin test completed.

Question: Do I need to go back to the same physician that conducted the physical examination? I have relocated from California to Oregon a year back.

Any early replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

-- Ravi

Thanks a lot Pralay for your quick response .

Do I need to carry the Medical Examination report which was done prior on 29th Sept 2003 or the Immigration Doctor is going to prepare a total new sealed report . I appreciate if anyone with similar experience could point me to any documents or postings where I could get more information regarding this.

Call them

Call 1-800 number and ask them. It is better to confirm with them. They have separate option for such queries.

You don't need the previous report if you get new(all tests again) I-693 get done.

Ravijx said:
Thanks a lot Pralay for your quick response .

Do I need to carry the Medical Examination report which was done prior on 29th Sept 2003 or the Immigration Doctor is going to prepare a total new sealed report . I appreciate if anyone with similar experience could point me to any documents or postings where I could get more information regarding this.

Ravi,
We had the same RFE on our kids. We went to the same INS-approved doctor who had done the original tests, with the same old I-693 form that had been returned by USCIS. The doctor did the tuberculin test, filled up /corrected the same form, signed /stamped in the right places and returned it in a sealed envelope. We sent the same to our lawyer who replied to USCIS regarding the RFE.

I suggest that you take the Form I-693 that has been returned by USCIS when you go to see the new doctor. After all, it is not that heavy! :)
You may want to take your child's immunization records as well.

Besides checking with USCIS (as others have suggested here), you may also talk to the (new) doctor's office first, and to your lawyer if necessary. In my case, they were both very helpful. I didn't speak to USCIS at all.

BTW, this error (of not doing the tuberculin test in the first place) seems to originate in the form itself, where it says that children below a certain age need not be given the test. However, USCIS digs up something from their rules and regulations book that contradicts their own form I-693 - and sends out an RFE. Anyway, I didn't argue ("Don't argue with a cop", they say).