question on filling I485 part 2 (family based)

kpwi

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
I am filling my I485 form and I am not sure what option to select for part 2
my parents are on green card and they file immigration for me and I have approved I-130
and my priority dates is current , country of citizen is pakistan
and I am unmarried and over 21 year of age
I do not understand what option to select for part 2

I am applying for an adjustment to perminent residence.......
options are throug a,b,c,d....

2nd question my company also have filled the i-140 pettion and I am wating for that to approve as I am on H1 status ,just wondering if applying family I-485 is ok

really appreciate the answers as

What is the priority date for the I-130?

What is the priority date on the I-140?

Current status?

The correct answer is (a) for your situation.

b) is for derivative I-485. Your parents filed I-130 for you and you are over 21, so this is not a derivative application.

-- yes I am on H1 B status currently
-- I-130 priority date is current , I have checked the visa bulletin
-- I was confused which choice (a,b,c,d....)to select in part2 while filling I-485
--
Thanks Jackolantern for letting me know the option "a" should be good
if any buddy else have a different option please please let me know as I do not want my application rejected
just want to make sure that option "a" for part2 is good for me

thanks for the information this form Rocks
I really appreciate all the help
Thanks

filling afidafit of support 864

I have quick question
my parents are on green card and they file immigration for me and I have approved I-130
and now I am filing I485 as my priority dates are current
I have question on affidafit of support and have question on this

my mother is the principle petitioner as she file the I-130 for me ,but she is not financially strong , I also have one brother who lives with my mom and he has property assets
I need to know which type of affidafit of support I need to attach with my 485
my understanding is I need one I864 from my mom and one 864A from my brother

I am not living in the same house so I can not sponsor my self as I live in different state
please help thanks

You need an I-864 filed by your mother, and your brother can file I-864A if he lives with her and has sufficient income and/or assets.

Note that it will require a lot of supporting paperwork if your brother is going to list his real estate assets ... appraisals, mortgage documents, etc. So if he has enough income, he shouldn't bother to list those assets.

I864-supporting assets

Hello ackolantern and other supporting member thats alot for answering my post

actually my brother bought
the property on net cash and its was bought in 2008 and has the appraisal letter showing the byer and seller along with the net cost
he gave me the only the letter which shows the net cost that we paid, I was wondering as there is no morgage so what else document needed
so from my brother I only have his property assest as he is job less since 2008
just wondering I still can use him as my supporting

Also my self has the a saving balance of around 180,000 , so I can put my assest as well , I understand I do not live with my parents as my job is in different state and I had to move so I can not use my monthly incom but I guess I can use my assets right

Also I will appreciate if some one can answer on question on EAD I 765

I will appreciate if some one tell me what hat should I select in Q 11 in I765 form, as currently I am working on H1 status but I my self never apply for employment authorization so wondering should I select yes or no,

Question 16 on EAD
Do I fall in category C9 should I select C9

I really appreciate all the help

If he's going to list that property, he will need a recent appraisal. Since he owns it without a loan on it, he'll also need to provide some other kind of document showing that he owns it outright without a mortgage, like some kind of statement from the city or county (whichever department deals with real estate titles) showing there is no lien on the property. Is the property valued at over $114,440 (which is 5 times 125% of the poverty line for a household of 3)?

Does he live in the same property that he owns? If he lives in it, there are conditions and restrictions which may prevent him from using it for the purpose of the Affidavit of Support.

Do you have 40 credits for Social Security? If yes, you don't need an I-864, you would file I-864W instead and wouldn't need anybody to prove income or assets. If you have 36 credits, just wait until the end of Jan. and you'll have 40 (assuming you earn over $4000/month).

C9 is correct for the EAD application.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked the I-864 again ... it turns out the intending immigrant can list their own assets for the I-864. For income it says you would have to live with the primary sponsor unless you're the spouse, but for assets I don't see any such restriction. So with that $180K you shouldn't need to show any finances from your brother or mother.

Note that your mother who is the primary sponsor still has to fill out and sign the I-864 (unless you qualify for I-864W, as I mentioned above). You would just list your assets for question 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jackolantern thnaks for looking into
I am filling one from 864 from my mom and I will be using my personal assest for support as per your sugessation

while filling the 864(from mother) form, I am filling part 3 question 8 which say "I am sponsoring the principle immigrant named in part above(which is me)
beneth this question there are two check box yes,no
so question is I am using my assets for my financial support , do i need to select yes or no check box

2nd question as my mom never worked and she is 62 and older do I need to attach her tex return , I think (as I am putting $0 for her annually income and $0 for her assets) I need not to provide the tax return from her, so should I keep item 25 unchecked ?

Question 8 must be YES for you. The petitioner is always regarded as sponsoring the immigrant, even if he/she isn't showing a dime and others are pledging the financial support or the immigrant has his/her own finances. NO for question 8 is allowed only if there are joint sponsors who are pledging support for a derivative beneficiary(ies) rather than the primary, and question 9 allows them (or the primary sponsor) to specify who are the derivatives they have chosen to sponsor.

25 would be unchecked, but an explanation letter must be attached to say why there are less than 3 tax returns. Just say that she doesn't work and doesn't have enough income to be required to file a tax return, and if she immigrated less than 3 years ago you can also indicate that she was living outside the US until xx/xxxx date.

Actully she does receive social security benefit of one of my late brother.
like 19k yearly but as I am not including her income so I need not to provide her tax return right?

I was reading the filing 485 instructions and see and in the initial processing where they mentioned
"thats if you you do not completly fill form or file it without required initial evidence.... we may
deny your application "

just wondering they wont ask for more detail if they have any questions????

Hello Jackolentrn
if I am using my assets I need not to file seperate I864A ..right
and I should put my assets in my mom 864 form in 28 question(assets of intending immigrant) right..plz confirm thanksss