Question on Experience Letters for I-140 filing

another_fella

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am getting ready to file I-140 soon. For the experience reference letters I have a question, which I thought would post here and get your opinion.

I had worked for a consulting company on H1 (CompA), at their client (CompB) location as a consultant for about a year. After which I took a fulltime job with the client (CompB). For the duration that I worked for consulting company, I have the experience letter issued with stating start date, end date, designation. It does not list out the detailed job duties, as in technologies used, what I did and such.

For the duration (2001 to 2002, about 1.5 years) that I worked with CompB as fulltime employee, I have a detailed experience letter with designation, dates, and responsibilities and other details, issued from CompB’s HR Department in mid 2006. Meanwhile in 2004 CompA was acquired by another consulting shop, which in turn got bought over by yet another big consulting company. Given all these I don’t have any contact info of anyone that worked for CompA, who is still working with the subsequent beneficiary companies to get a detailed reference letter.

To make up for the lack of detailed job responsibilities in CompA’s experience letter, I had got a reference letter issued by CompB’s HR, for the duration that I worked as consultant with them, stating job responsibilities and dates that I worked as consultant for them through CompA. This is separate from the experience letter for the fulltime duration with CompB.

Now is this good enough or do I still need to pursue the path of getting hold of someone that worked for CompA, or is currently working with subsequent beneficiary of CompA and get a detailed experience letter?

Any suggestions, or links to other posts and threads here will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, hope you can answer this re- EB2... my labor is already approved on EB3 and I'm thinking of re-applying again on EB2 as I am qualified w/ BS degree in CompScience + 14 years of solid IT experience.. my question is, what should be the desired salary for EB2 and what are the possible positions?

Thanks for your response. My questions arise because the detailed reference letter was issued by the client's HR department, not by co-worker.

There are few things that you need to consider in order to apply under EB2.

1. You won't be able to use experience gained from current employer for EB2/EB3 classification.

2. Salary depends on the region where you are being employed. I know positions like Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer do qualify for EB2, with requisite education and experience. More details on the list of positions and salary for them in each region can be obtained at this link below:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesQuick.aspx

3. Once you get through this, mostly you will end up applying for new Labor certification for the EB2 classification with the same employer or new employer.

I would suggest that you visit the labor certification threads to get more details.

Hi, hope you can answer this re- EB2... my labor is already approved on EB3 and I'm thinking of re-applying again on EB2 as I am qualified w/ BS degree in CompScience + 14 years of solid IT experience.. my question is, what should be the desired salary for EB2 and what are the possible positions?